Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon the needs of the college
Lakeshore Technical College - Cleveland, Wisconsin
Provide instruction to students in the Automotive Maintenance program at Lakeshore Technical College. Responsible for placing learning first and providing educational experiences for learners in various formats, schedules, and in various places in accordance with the mission of the college inclusive of: facilitating learning, assessing student performance, as well as instruction and outcomes, developing and maintaining current/relevant course materials, and communicating with the community, other schools, the college, the division, and team members. Teaching/training in business and industry may be assigned. Provide an exceptional customer service experience to both internal and external customers throughout every interaction.
Manage the Learning Environment
• Integrate learning theories and models into curriculum design. Update curriculum appropriately in WIDs/Blackboard according to the college schedule.
• Facilitate optimal learning through integration of technology and utilization of appropriate delivery methods. Encourage the engagement of students and reflect learning style theories.
• Evaluate student learning based on course competencies employing formative and summative strategies. Provide constructive and timely feedback aimed at learner development.
Enhance Student Success
• Modify teaching and learning based upon course instructor feedback, assessment results and curricular changes to improve student success.
• Create an inclusive, effective learning environment that addresses barriers and provides reasonable accommodations.
• Advise students in ways that foster the development of the whole student and encourages persistence and timely completion of a certificate, diploma or degree.
• Effectively utilize a variety of data analysis tools to assess the course or program.
Pursue Professional Development
• Continually advance substantive subject matter knowledge (theories, facts and skills) in core and related areas. Maintain licensures and certifications, seeks opportunities to complete additional credentials, such as: industry recognized certifications, workshops, certificates, etc.
• Advance knowledge of teaching and learning a variety of delivery methods. Maintain compliance with LTC’s model of the Wisconsin Technical College System Faculty Quality Assurance System (FQAS).
• Actively contributes to the college community through participation in committees, initiatives and events. Proactively represents the College in the community through service
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
• Associate degree in Auto Maintenance and two years of occupational experience or Technical Diploma in Auto Maintenance and five years of occupational experience.
• Two years teaching experience desirable.
• Experience with computer assisted instruction and software, including MS Office products.
• Working knowledge of PC software in a windows environment.
• Experience desired in delivering instruction by alternative methods such as instructional television or online.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
• National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Master Certification; EPA A/C Certification; National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF) preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Possess excellent classroom delivery skills, which encourages success and participation on the part of students.
• Must be innovative and able to collaborate with other staff in developing curriculum for classroom instruction.
• Must be well motivated and have a strong interest in contributing to the success of the college.
• Positive human relations and effective written and oral communication skills essential.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
Conditions of Employment:
Date Updated: 01/03/2022
Type of Position: Part Time Position