Job Title: Automotive Maintenance Technician Instructor (Full-Time | Grant Funded)
Reports To: Dean of Advanced Manufacturing, Agriculture, Automotive and Engineering
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, WI
Salary Expectation: Faculty Contract Salary Schedule
Employment and Work Schedule: Contract Dates: July-June
New Professional Staff Orientation
Evening weeknight program
Possible weekend hours based upon needs of the college
Provide instruction to students enrolled in the Automotive Maintenance Technician Program. This position requires advanced skills, knowledge and in-depth problem solving of automotive diagnostic equipment, tools and electrical systems.
Responsible for placing learning first and providing educational experiences for learners in various formats, schedules, and in various places in accordance with the mission of the college inclusive of: facilitating learning, assessing student performance, as well as instruction and outcomes, developing and maintaining current/relevant course materials, and communicating with the community, other schools, the college, the division, and team members. Provide 5 Star Service throughout all customer interactions.
• Associate degree in Auto Maintenance and two years of occupational experience or Technical Diploma in Auto Maintenance and five years of occupational experience.
• National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Master Certification; EPA A/C Certification; National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF) preferred.
• Experience with computer assisted instruction and software preferred.
• Working knowledge of PC software in a Windows environment.
• Experience desired in delivering instruction by alternative methods such as instructional television or online preferred.
• Possess excellent classroom delivery skills, which encourage success and participation on the part of students.
• Must be innovative and able to collaborate with other staff for developing curriculum for classroom instruction.
• Must be well motivated and have a strong interest in contributing to the success of the College.
• Positive human relations and effective written and oral communication skills essential.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
• Must meet and maintain Faculty Quality Assurance System (FQAS) requirements.
• Valid State of Wisconsin driver’s license is required. (A Motor Vehicle Record Check will be conducted upon hire.)
Health Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Dental Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Flexible Spending Program
Long Term Disability Professional Development On-Site Child Care Center
Life Insurance Tuition Reimbursement Wellness/Fitness Center
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) Holidays
Beginning: Tuesday, May 28, 2019
Closing: Applications will be accepted online until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application materials should be submitted for receipt no later than Friday, June 7, 2019.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.