Job Title: Business Solutions Manager
Salary Expectation: Exempt – Annual Salary $60,618 to $62,891
(Note: Salary will commensurate based on education and occupational experience.)
Reports To: Dean of Apprenticeship and Economic Development
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule: Full-Time Exempt (52 weeks)
Monday through Friday
Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon needs of the college
Develop, promote, and sell LTC’s business and industry services to include training and education services. Develop and coordinate the sale and fulfillment of customized contract training and technical assistance to serve the learning and development requirements of LTC’s business and industry partners. Must meet established revenue and other goals and objectives set by the Dean of Apprenticeship and Economic Development.
• Develop relationships with district business stakeholders analyzing and assessing training; short and long-term incumbent workforce training; and technical assessment opportunities.
• Solicit new opportunities to procure customized training, technical assistance, contracts and agreements through networking and relationship building.
• Manage the sales pipeline from initial contact through closed sales and maintain client records.
• Promote LTC products including professional development, customize training, assessment services, credit programs and apprenticeship.
• Compile and analyze workforce development and other data to identify, plan, and develop products and services to meet current and projected client needs.
• Direct and assist in coordinating delivery and evaluation of contracted services to ensure client satisfaction.
• Sit on appropriate boards and committees to build relationships and enhance the sales pipeline.
• Initiate and maintain ongoing personal contacts with a variety of high-demand occupation business and industry representatives to promote apprenticeships.
• Participate in outreach and recruitment activities and job fairs.
• Maintain contact with employers during the apprentice’s employment and report results to the appropriate staff.
• Provide apprenticeship information to various businesses, schools, chambers of commerce, and committees.
• Provide an exceptional customer service experience to both internal and external customers throughout every interaction. Other duties as assigned.
Manager Essential Responsibilities
Oversee Business Solutions processes. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carryout managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organizational policies and applicable laws to include: develop plan(s) and budget for department; address issues in an effective and timely manner; be an active advocate for LTC in the community; be active in the college by serving on committees; and teach classes, as requested, based on course-identified qualifications.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with three to five years of recent related occupational experience required. Master’s degree in related field is preferred.
• Knowledge of business/industry technological terms.
• Ability to work independently yet serve as a team builder.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to interact with all levels of internal/external customers in a team environment.
• Strong organizational, planning and analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to manage, coordinate, develop, implement, project, and plan.
• Ability to interview for analyze/assess workflow procedure.
• Ability to take initiative while remaining open to ideas of others.
• Must possess effective marketing/promotional skills.
• Proven experiences in applying continuous improvement practices.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and people of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition(s) of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) with the results acceptable to the College.
• Valid State of Wisconsin driver’s license is required.
Health Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Vacation
Dental Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Vision Insurance Professional Development Flexible Spending Program
Long Term Disability Tuition Reimbursement On-Site Child Care
Life Insurance Holidays Wellness/Fitness Center
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
Beginning: Friday, September 17, 2021
Closing: Applications will be accepted online until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application materials should be submitted for receipt no later than Friday, October 1, 2021.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the LTC online application system, click HERE to login or to create a new account login to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.