20 - 25 hours per week – August through May (36 weeks)
Monday – Friday: Flexible hours based on needs of program to include occasional evening and/or Saturdays for family enrichment activities
Flexible hours between 7:15am-5:15pm
Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Coordinate and facilitate programming to meet grant objectives by providing outreach and targeted learning activities for student-parents and their children through group and individual activities. Plan and carry out a variety of activities with the children enrolled in the Child Care Center such as music, science, art, math, and literature. Provide an exceptional customer service experience to both internal and external customers throughout every interaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
(52%) Child Care Aide
• Responsible for teaching children enrolled in the child care center.
• Provide group art and gym activities.
• Supervise children in daily activities.
• Provide large and small muscle development.
• Encourage social interaction and creative expression.
• Provide intellectual stimulation.
• Participate in appropriate meetings and professional development activities.
(48%) CCAMPIS Specialist
• Provide individual outreach to CCAMPIS (Child Care Access Means Parents In School) participants in person.
• Provide assessment and targeted early learning activities to CCAMPIS children through small group or individual sessions.
• Work with the CCAMPIS director to schedule CCAMPIS activities for children.
• Make referrals to CCAMPIS director for parent academic support, learning assistance activities, and advisor/counselor meetings.
• Follow policies and procedures to ensure participant confidentiality and ensure integrity and security of participant records.
• Assist with documentation needed for grant reporting.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent and one year technical diploma or equivalent and one to one and one-half years of recent related occupational experience. Early childhood technical diploma is preferred. Individual hired for position without early childhood technical diploma will be required to have an educational training plan in place within six months of hire date.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
First-aid and CPR certification required. DCF approved Shaken Baby Syndrome Training required.
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work directly with young children and carry out planned activities.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and people of diverse cultural, social, or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above duties describe the chief functions of the job and are not to be considered a detailed description of every duty of the job.
Conditions of Employment:
Date Updated: 08/22/2022
Lakeshore Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic testing, lack of English skills, arrest or conviction record, political affiliation, veteran status, parental status, marital status, pregnancy or other protected categories, in its services, employment, programs, and/or educational programs and activities, including but not limited to admissions, access and participation. The college attempts to be in compliance with all federal laws including but not limited to Title IX & section 504. Inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies are handled by the executive director of human resources/affirmative action officer, 1290 North Avenue, Cleveland WI 53015, phone 920.693.1139 or 888.468.6582, ext. 1139.
Lakeshore Technical College provides reasonable accommodations to assist persons with disabilities to access or participate in its programs or activities. Persons requiring accommodation to access the college’s programs, services, and/or employment should call LTC at 920.693.1000 or 888. Go To LTC (888.468.6582), or TTY 711.
Type of Position: Part Time Position