Job Title: Child Care Center Aide (Part-Time)
Employment Classification: Support Staff ~ $12.08 per hour
Reports To: Child Care Center Manager
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment & Work Schedule: 15-20 hours per week x 30 weeks (540 Annual Hours)
Flexible schedule based on needs of the College
Plan and carry out a variety of activities with the children enrolled in the Child Care Center such as music, science, art, math, and literature.
• Responsible for teaching children enrolled in the child care center.
• Provide group art and gym activities.
• Supervise children in daily activities.
• Provide large and small muscle development.
• Encourage social interaction and creative expression.
• Provide intellectual stimulation.
• Participate in appropriate meetings and professional development activities.
• High school diploma or equivalent and one semester of technical training or specialized courses with six months to one year recent related occupational experience.
• One-year early childhood technical diploma preferred. Individual hired for position without early childhood technical diploma will be required to have an educational training plan in place within six months of hire date.
• Experience in a nursery or child care setting beneficial.
• Ability to work directly with young children and carry out planned activities.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions as well as services delivered.
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Conditions of Employment
• Contingent employment offers are based on the results of both preliminary and final background check eligibility determinations by the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families.
• First-aid and CPR certification required.
• DCF approved Shaken Baby Syndrome Training required.
Beginning: Monday, August 12, 2019
Closing: Until position is filled
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.