Salary Expectation: Exempt – Annual Salary $43,014 to $45,778
(Note: Salary will commensurate based on education and occupational experience.)
Reports To: Dean of Health and Human Services
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule:
40 hours per week x 44 weeks
(1,760 Annual Hours | 1st week in August through 1st week in June)
Monday through Friday | Flexible hours based upon needs of the college
To plan, direct, manage, and coordinate all aspects of the Lakeshore Technical College Child Care Center. To provide supervision and direction to students and employees, and to provide a developmentally appropriate learning environment for the children enrolled in the center as they relate to state licensing regulations and accreditation standards.
• Perform administrative and managerial duties of the child-care center.
• Purchase and maintain all supplies.
• Coordination of staff and children's schedules.
• Responsible for weekly, monthly, payroll deduction, and agency billing.
• Responsible for licensing renewal; Youngstar renewal and annual reports.
• Enforce and comply with state and national regulatory agencies regarding Youngstar, licensing, and health and safety regulations.
• Conduct annual program evaluations with staff and parents. Develop program plans/goals from program evaluations.
• Conduct annual orientation and open house with new and returning families.
• Participate with external agencies in the coordination of referrals for children with special needs to appropriate services.
• Develop lesson plans and provide developmentally appropriate activities that directly relate to the center's philosophy.
• Provide supervision and direction to children in daily activities.
• Participate with area human service and job service agencies in the coordination of child care services.
• Provide Five Star Customer Service throughout every interaction.
Manager Essential Responsibilities
Supervision is provided to the LTC Child Care Center. Responsible for the supervision of the planning and implementation of the center’s program for children, the supervision of staff at the center, staff meetings and orientation, and continuing education for staff.
Responsibilities also include design position responsibilities, interview, hire, and train employees; plan, assign, and direct work; supervise, mentor, and develop staff through the Employee Management System; reward and discipline employees. Carry out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws to include: develop plan(s) and budget for department; address staff and student issues in an effective and timely manner; be an active advocate for LTC in the community; be active in the college by serving on committees; and teach classes, as requested, based on course-identified qualifications.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required. However, consideration will be given to applicants with an Associate’s degree. Two to four years recent related occupational experience is required.
• A minimum of 320 hours experience as a teacher or assistant teacher in a group child care center or other approved setting, or have a minimum of 320 hours of experience as a licensee of a family child care center under WI Chapter DCF 250 required.
• Intra/inter human relations, advising, and ability to motivate.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Conditions of Employment
• Employment conditional on satisfactory results of both the preliminary and final background check eligibility determination by the Wisconsin Department of Child and Family Services with the results also acceptable to the College.
• Valid State of Wisconsin driver’s license is required.
• First Aid and CPR certification required
• Must annually complete 25 professional development hours in early childhood education related areas.
Health Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Vacation
Dental Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Vision Insurance Professional Development Flexible Spending Program
Long Term Disability Tuition Reimbursement On-Site Child Care
Life Insurance Holidays Wellness/Fitness Center
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
Beginning: Wednesday, December 23rd, 2020
Closing: Applications will be accepted online until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application materials should be submitted for receipt no later than Monday, January 11th, 2021.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’, and click on ‘Goto my profile’ located in the upper right corner of the page to access or create a new account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.