15-20 hours per week (School Year)
Monday – Friday; Shifts between 8:00am-5:00pm
Flexible hours based upon needs of the college
Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Plan and carry out a variety of activities with the children enrolled in the Child Care Center such as music, science, art, math, and literature.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Responsible for teaching children enrolled in the child care center.
• Provide group art and gym activities.
• Supervise children in daily activities.
• Provide large and small muscle development.
• Encourage social interaction and creative expression.
• Provide intellectual stimulation.
• Participate in appropriate meetings and professional development activities.
• Provide an exceptional customer service experience to both internal and external customers throughout every interaction. Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Experience and/or Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
• High school diploma or equivalent and one semester of technical training or specialized courses with six months to one year recent related occupational experience.
• One-year early childhood technical diploma preferred. Individual hired for position without early childhood technical diploma will be required to have an educational training plan in place within six months of hire date.
• Experience in a nursery or child care setting beneficial.
• First-aid and CPR certification required. DCF approved Shaken Baby Syndrome Training required.
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work directly with young children and carry out planned activities.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and people of diverse cultural, social, or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above duties describe the chief functions of the job and are not to be considered a detailed description of every duty of the job.
Conditions of Employment:
• Contingent employment offers are based on the results of both preliminary and final background check eligibility determinations by the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families.
• Basic First Aid and CPR certification is required.
• DCF approved Shaken Baby Syndrome Training required
Type of Position: Part Time Position