$23.22 per hour (minimum) (Note: The hourly rate will commensurate based on education and occupational experience.)
20 hours per week x 30 weeks (600 annual hours)
Flexible hours 8:00am – 5:30pm weekdays; Saturdays possible
Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Responsible for supporting students in an open lab environment. Promote a learning atmosphere in the lab, which encourages effective work habits and provides a safe, clean, and orderly physical environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
(90%) Student Support
• Support student activities in a healthcare open lab environment.
• Promote a learning atmosphere in the labs, which encourages effective work habits and provides a safe, clean, and orderly physical environment.
• Serve as a resource person for students from multiple healthcare programs.
• Maintain the lab at the level of stated educational specifications.
• Maintain and repair lab equipment.
• Maintain records of lab activities.
• Cooperate with other activities scheduled in the lab.
• Implement policies of the lab.
• Suggest materials and equipment for requisition.
• Provide an exceptional customer service experience to both internal and external customers throughout every interaction.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Two years’ recent relevant work experience in the appropriate health care environment (clinical medical office, hospital, long-term care facility). For work with Practical Nursing students a BSN is required. For work with Associate Degree Nursing students an MSN (or active enrollment) is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
Must be a currently licensed Registered Nursing in the State of Wisconsin.
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Working knowledge of special equipment used including a variety of durable medical equipment.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and people of diverse cultural, social, or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret nursing journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of students, managers, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret bar graphs.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to encourage critical thinking.
Beginner Level Skills: Be familiar with basic hardware. Create a simple text document in MS Word. Use and maintain voice mail. Use file manager. Use and maintain a personal calendar. Use email to communicate. Navigate through Windows. Access college network system. Understand database concepts. Send and receive attachments. Access a bulletin board. Navigate through the Internet. Schedule meetings.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The above duties describe the chief functions of the job and are not to be considered a detailed description of every duty of the job.
Condition of Employment:
Type of Position: Part Time Position