Salary Expectation: Per Adjunct Faculty Salary Schedule - $35.35 per hour (minimum)
Reports To: Dean of General Studies
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule: Day/Evening teaching assignments
Flexible hours based upon the needs of the college
NOTE: Adjunct Faculty positions are for specific classes only and do not imply any availability of full-time employment.
Provide instruction to students in communications courses, including written and oral communications, through a variety of delivery formats (e.g.: online, face to face, virtual computer conference) at Lakeshore Technical College.
• Responsible for placing learning first and providing educational experiences for learners in various delivery formats, schedules, and in various places in accordance with the mission of the college inclusive of: facilitating learning of diverse students, assessing student performance, as well as instruction and outcomes, developing and maintaining current/relevant course materials, and communicating with the community, other schools, the college, the division, and team members.
• Teaching/training in business and industry may be assigned.
• Provide an exceptional customer service experience to both internal and external customers throughout every interaction.
• A Master’s degree in Communications, English, with a focus on written and oral communication, or a Master’s degree in a related area with 18 Master’s-level credits in content area.
• Two years teaching experience, preferably in higher education.
• Strong working knowledge of PC software in a Windows environment.
• Experience desired in delivering instruction by alternative methods such as video conferencing or online.
• Possess excellent classroom delivery skills, which encourages success and participation on the part of students.
• Must be innovative and able to collaborate with other staff in developing curriculum for classroom instruction.
• Must be well motivated and have a strong interest in contributing to the success of the college.
• Positive human relations and effective written and oral communication skills essential.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and people of diverse cultural, social, or educational backgrounds.
• Fluency in more than one language is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition(s) of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) with the results acceptable to the College.
• Must meet and maintain Faculty Quality Assurance System (FQAS) requirements within 5 years of employment.
Beginning: Wednesday, November 10, 2021
Closing: Until position is filled
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the LTC online application system, click HERE to login or to create a new account login to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.