Note: Community Education Adjunct positions are for specific classes only and do no imply any availability of full-time employment.
Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon the needs of the college/community
Various locations within the Lakeshore Technical College District (Cleveland/Manitowoc/Sheboygan campuses | Manitowoc County and Sheboygan County business locations)
The Community Education Program is GROWING. We are looking to partner with local subject-matter experts to offer classes on hobbies, passions, and interests. Do you enjoy sharing your knowledge, skills, and abilities with others? This opportunity might just be for you!
The Community Education instructor/facilitator collaborates with the Instructional Design Specialist to offer diverse and intriguing learning opportunities that enrich Wisconsin’s communities. Responsible for leveraging personal knowledge, skills, and abilities as well as seeking reputable resources to present on a specific topic. Professionally represent LTC in all interactions, especially in interactions with course participants.
• Collaborate with the Instructional Design Specialist to evaluate the community’s learning needs and interests.
• Professionally represent LTC as a subject-matter expert, leveraging personal knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Gather supplemental information on specific topics by seeking reputable resources such as books, publications, articles, and documentaries.
• Develop and deliver engaging content that appeals to a diverse audience. Incorporates visuals, activities, and more to reinforce the retention of learned material.
• Interact positively and appropriately with participants, building the intrigue for the course’s topic.
• Set up and take-down learning materials/equipment.
• Take attendance and report to Instructional Design Specialist within 24 hours of event.
• Assess the outcomes of the course, proactively solicit feedback through the completion of the course feedback form and make recommendations for future learning opportunities.
• Teaching/training in business and industry may be assigned.
• Provide an exceptional customer service experience to both internal and external customers throughout every interaction.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience/Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Subject-matter expertise in a given topic required.
• Experience representing an organization as a subject-matter expert preferred.
• Experience developing and delivering content to a diverse audience preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Possess excellent classroom delivery skills, which encourage success and participation on the part of the students.
• Must be well motivated and have a strong interest in contributing to the success of students and the College.
• Positive human relations and effective written and oral communication skills essential.
• Exemplify LTC values in all interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and people of diverse cultural, social, or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
Condition of Employment:
Date Updated: 03/02/2022
Lakeshore Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic testing, lack of English skills, arrest or conviction record, political affiliation, veteran status, parental status, marital status, pregnancy or other protected categories, in its services, employment, programs, and/or educational programs and activities, including but not limited to admissions, access and participation. The college attempts to be in compliance with all federal laws including but not limited to Title IX & section 504. Inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies are handled by the executive director of human resources/affirmative action officer, 1290 North Avenue, Cleveland WI 53015, phone 920.693.1139 or 888.468.6582, ext. 1139.
Lakeshore Technical College provides reasonable accommodations to assist persons with disabilities to access or participate in its programs or activities. Persons requiring accommodation to access the college’s programs, services, and/or employment should call LTC at 920.693.1000 or 888. Go To LTC (888.468.6582), or TTY 711.
Type of Position: Part Time Position