Flexible hours based upon the needs of the college
Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Provide teaching assistance to students within Criminal Justice courses (Law Enforcement or Corrections). Assist the lead instructor with delivery of skills and performance assessments. Designed primarily for lab situations during which students experiencing unique learning needs are able to succeed with highly individualized in-class support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Provide one-on-one or small group support during class time in lab-based settings.
• Introduce or reinforce material or skills for the class.
• Provide clarification of activities and support individualized skill or knowledge development during class time.
• Skill and knowledge development occurs under the direct supervision of the classroom instructor.
• Assessment support, when indicated, occurs under the direction of the College’s ADA Coordinator.
• Communication related to the progress is relayed to the course instructor at the end of each class session.
• Provide an exceptional customer service experience to both internal and external customers throughout every interaction.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Experience and/or Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
• Three year’s full-time (6,000 hours) law enforcement or corrections occupational experience is required.
• Must be currently or previously certified as a law enforcement or corrections officer.
• Completion of a Wisconsin Department of Justice Instructor Development Course is preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, run and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to complete strenuous and physical activity. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment can be very loud and may require hearing protection for some tactical skills.
The above duties describe the chief functions of the job and are not to be considered a detailed description of every duty of the job.
Condition of Employment:
Date Updated: 02/21/2022
Type of Position: Part Time Position