Salary Expectation: Exempt – Annual Salary $74,273 to $95,222
(Note: Salary will commensurate based on education and occupational experience.)
Reports To: Vice President of Instruction
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule: 52 weeks – Year round management employment agreement
Monday through Friday
Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon needs of the college
Provide overall management of academic programming in the Health and Human Services division. Advocate for quality instruction and inspires a student-first, student success culture. Establish an environment in which integrity and ethics are the norm. Ensure that faculty and staff have the resources, information, autonomy, and support needed to achieve results. Advance the image of the division and programs inside and outside of the College. Support and champion college policies and procedures.
Provide supervision to Associate Dean of Nursing. Support and assist specific program accreditation within the Health and Human Services Division. Support the Lakeshore Community Dental Clinic, LTC Child Care Center, and Clinical Skills Lab initiatives, monitor services, budget, purchases, staffing, quality, and risk.
People Leadership: Assemble, manage and coach a diverse faculty/staff talent pool capable of achieving results.
Demonstrate effective interpersonal communication fostering open and respectful interaction. Motivate faculty to incorporate contemporary adult learning theory into practice. Guide Advisory Committee structure and foster engagement.
Resource Leadership: Maintain state of the industry labs and classrooms. Analyze reports to effectively manage staffing and budgets. Seek resources from internal and external resources (e.g. Grants, donations) to meet division needs.
Strategic Division Leadership: Engage faculty, staff and stakeholders to create strategic division plans that align to the Academic Master, College Mission, Vision and Strategic Plan. Measure division performance using quality and key performance indicators, monitors and reports. Ensure that student learning is assessed and improved through continuous improvement processes. Design student-centric schedules. Ensure program compliance with the Wisconsin Technical College System Board’s and program accreditation standards.
Personal Leadership: Convey credibility through academic and leadership expertise. Cultivate an active network of relationships inside and outside functional area; foster teamwork by being inclusive, supportive and collaborative. Participate in local and state activities appropriate to the position.
Provide an exceptional customer service experience to both internal and external customers throughout every interaction. Other duties as assigned.
Manager Essential Responsibilities
Supervision is provided to the Health and Human Services Division. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these staff. Responsibilities include design position responsibilities, interview, hire, and train employees; plan, assign, and direct work; supervise, mentor, and develop staff through the Employee Management System; reward and discipline employees. Carry out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws to include: develop plan(s) and budget for department; address staff and student issues in an effective and timely manner; be an active advocate for LTC in the community; be active in the college by serving on committees; and teach classes, as requested, based on course-identified qualifications.
Qualifications – Education/Training/Experience*
• Master's degree from a regionally accredited college/university in a related discipline.
• A minimum of two years’ teaching experience in a technical or community college.
Employment Opportunity: Dean of Health and Human Services
• A minimum of two years of related health occupational experience.
• Two years of demonstrated successful leadership preferably in career, technical and adult education.
• Ability to champion the value of technical colleges as centers of educational opportunity, and the engine for local economic growth.
• Demonstrated skill in developing and evaluating academic programs and assessing student learning outcomes.
• Demonstrate student-centered philosophy.
• Manage with effective human relations, decision-making, and problem solving skills.
• Exhibit excellent organizational skills in planning, budgeting, and resource allocation.
• Display effective written and oral communication skills with diverse groups.
• Ability to build consensus, to bring about constructive change using participatory processes.
• Demonstration of effective performance as a member of a work team.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, faculty, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition(s) of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) with the results acceptable to the College.
• Must meet and maintain Faculty Quality Assurance System (FQAS) requirements.
Health Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Vacation
Dental Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Vision Insurance Professional Development Flexible Spending Program
Long Term Disability Tuition Reimbursement On-Site Child Care
Life Insurance Holidays Wellness/Fitness Center
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
Beginning: Wednesday, March 24, 2021
Closing: Applications will be accepted online until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application materials should be submitted for receipt no later than Friday, April 9, 2021.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’, and click on ‘Goto my profile’ located in the upper right corner of the page to access or create a new account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.