Salary Expectation: Exempt - Annual Salary $69,679 - $72,292 (2021-2022 Salary Schedule)
** If the successful candidate hired does not meet the educational requirements, the position may be offered at a different salary, per the full-time faculty salary schedule.
Reports To: Dean of Business, Technology, and Hospitality
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule: Contract Dates: July 1 – June 30 (Year round)
New Professional Staff Orientation
Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon the needs of the college
Provide instruction to students in the Digital Marketing program at Lakeshore Technical College. Responsible for placing learning first and providing educational experiences for learners in various formats, schedules, and in various places in accordance with the mission of the college inclusive of: facilitating learning, assessing student performance, as well as instruction and outcomes, developing and maintaining current/relevant course materials, and communicating with the community, other schools, the college, the division, and team members. Teaching/training in business and industry may be assigned. Provide an exceptional customer service experience to both internal and external customers throughout every interaction.
Manage the Learning Environment
• Integrate learning theories and models into curriculum design. Update curriculum appropriately in WIDs/Blackboard according to the college schedule.
• Facilitate optimal learning through integration of technology and utilization of appropriate delivery methods. Encourage the engagement of students and reflect learning style theories.
• Evaluate student learning based on course competencies employing formative and summative strategies. Provide constructive and timely feedback aimed at learner development.
Enhance Student Success
• Modify teaching and learning based upon course instructor feedback, assessment results and curricular changes to improve student success.
• Create an inclusive, effective learning environment that addresses barriers and provides reasonable accommodations.
• Advise students in ways that foster the development of the whole student and encourages persistence and timely completion of a certificate, diploma or degree.
• Effectively utilize a variety of data analysis tools to assess the course or program.
Pursue Professional Development
• Continually advance substantive subject matter knowledge (theories, facts and skills) in core and related areas. Maintain licensures and certifications, seeks opportunities to complete additional credentials, such as: industry recognized certifications, workshops, certificates, etc.
• Advance knowledge of teaching and learning a variety of delivery methods. Maintain compliance with LTC’s model of the Wisconsin Technical College System Faculty Quality Assurance System (FQAS).
• Actively contributes to the college community through participation in committees, initiatives and events. Proactively represents the College in the community through service.
Program Specific Responsibilities
• Teach digital marketing and related courses to a diverse student population.
• Participate in curriculum development and serve on department, division, and college committees as necessary to maintain and improve the instructional program; participate in appropriate professional development activities.
• Participate in co-curricular activities, including planning, implementing, and teaching in special programs designed to support student success.
• Serve as Student Association advisor, if applicable.
• Participate in the formulation of Course and Program Outcomes and the Student Outcomes assessment cycle.
• Maintain formal and virtual office and campus hours; participate in college and division meetings.
• Maintain current knowledge of instructional methods and new technologies pertinent to areas of assignment; learn and apply emerging technologies and advances (e.g., computer software applications) as necessary to perform duties in an efficient, organized and timely manner.
• Teach scheduled classes and perform related duties as assigned, including timely compliance with clerical and administrative responsibilities; comply with district, college and division policies in the performance of duties.
• Instruct and assist in the growth and success of a diverse population of students through careful preparation of course materials, effective teaching methodologies and informed critical feedback on assignments and discussions.
• Evening and/or Saturday assignments are rare, but may be required as part of the regular contract.
• Promote and grow the program via outreach.
• Maintain relationships with district employers.
• Bachelor’s degree in related discipline and two years of successful recent related occupational experience required.
• Knowledge of basic CSS and HTML, Search Engine Optimization, Digital advertising and keyword search, Web Analytics (Google Analytics for Beginners Certificate is preferred), promotional content creation, user experience design techniques, and social media marketing and advertising.
• Two years teaching experience desirable.
• Experience with computer assisted instruction and software, including MS Office products.
• Working knowledge of PC software in a windows environment.
• Experience desired in delivering instruction by alternative methods such as instructional television or online.
• Possess excellent classroom delivery skills, which encourages success and participation on the part of students.
• Must be innovative and able to collaborate with other staff in developing curriculum for classroom instruction.
• Must be well motivated and have a strong interest in contributing to the success of the college.
• Positive human relations and effective written and oral communication skills essential.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and people of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition(s) of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) with the results acceptable to the College.
• Must meet and maintain Faculty Quality Assurance System (FQAS) requirements.
Health Insurance Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) Holidays
Dental Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Vision Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Flexible Spending Program
Long Term Disability Professional Development On-Site Child Care
Life Insurance Tuition Reimbursement Wellness/Fitness Center
Beginning: Friday, June 4, 2021
Closing: Applications will be accepted online until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application materials should be submitted for receipt no later than Friday, June 25, 2021.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’, and click on ‘Goto my profile’ located in the upper right corner of the page to access or create a new account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.