Salary Expectation: Management Exempt – Annual Salary $65,000 - $69,000
(Note: Salary will commensurate based on education and occupational experience.)
Reports To: Vice President of Student Success
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, WI
Employment and Work Schedule: 52 weeks – Year round management employment agreement
Monday through Friday
Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon needs of the college
Provide direction, leadership, and planning of dual credit and Youth Apprenticeship programming and grants. Provide high school students more opportunities to earn college credits and help high schools enhance their curriculum. Develop and implement strategies to build and strengthen relationships with area high schools in order to assist students in reaching their educational and career goals. Demonstrate a willingness to work with students, parents, high school staff, and administrators. Work closely with the office of Instruction and Marketing to build a pathway to LTC’s programs and certificates.
Build and Strengthen Relationships/Partnerships with Area High Schools
• As the primary point of contact, foster positive, collaborative strategies and relationships with high school administration.
• Coordinate high school to LTC Educational Pathways with high school counselors, principals, and the Chambers of Commerce.
• Provide leadership for the Principal Advisory Council, Career Prep Consortium and manage grant.
• Provide leadership for the Sheboygan Area Youth Apprenticeship Consortium and manage grant.
• Provide leadership for and operationalize College Here and Now partnerships.
• Coach team members to provide quality interactions with students, parents, employers and schools.
• Support external committees related to dual credit options.
• Coordinate high school staff dual credit orientation and professional development.
• Establish and maintain a comprehensive communication plan with high schools to disseminate relevant information.
• Actively assist middle and high schools to best prepare students to transition to LTC.
Dual Credit and Educational Pathways
• Collaborate with instruction to provide dual credit options following the High School Articulation Process.
• Collaborate with instruction to schedule high school LTC dual credit courses including: YA, contracts, LTC Career Certificates, College Here and Now, and other academies/pathways.
• Collaborate with Human Resources to uphold faculty qualifications.
• Coordinate all high school dual credit contracts (i.e. transcripted credit, advanced standing and 38.14 contracts.).
• Manage all dual credit program processes and enrollments; including student referrals, billing, and course updates/changes.
• Provide Five Star Customer Service throughout every interaction. Other duties as assigned.
Manager Essential Responsibilities
Supervision is provided to Dual Credit and Youth Apprenticeship. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of Dual Credit and Youth Apprenticeship activities. Responsibilities include design position responsibilities, interview, hire, and train employees; plan, assign, and direct work; supervise, mentor, and develop staff through the Employee Management System; reward and discipline employees. Carry out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws to include: develop plan(s) and budget for department; address staff and student issues in an effective and timely manner; be an active advocate for LTC in the community; and be active in the college by serving on committees.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with three to five years recent related occupational experience required. Master’s degree preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the nature, dynamics and issues of career and technical education.
• Good understanding of the local community and school districts.
• Other skills include strong and effective leadership in an educational setting; proven, effective use of decision-making and problem-solving and demonstrate effective performance as a member of a work team.
• Ability to deal with students, parents, teachers, and guidance counselors.
• Must be enthusiastic, personable, flexible, and able to work with minimum supervision.
• Must exhibit excellent customer service attitude, professionalism, and critical thinking skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and customer service skills, and ability to work well with others.
• Attention to detail, strong organizational and follow-through skills, resourcefulness and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Must have an understanding of marketing techniques.
• Ability to plan, manage projects, and organize and schedule priorities effectively to accomplish goals.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition(s) of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
• Valid State of Wisconsin driver’s license is required.
Health Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Vacation
Dental Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Vision Insurance Professional Development Flexible Spending Program
Long Term Disability Tuition Reimbursement On-Site Child Care
Life Insurance Holidays Wellness/Fitness Center
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
Beginning: Wednesday, November 20, 2019
Closing: Applications will be accepted online until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application materials should be submitted for receipt no later than Wednesday, December 4, 2019.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.