LTC offers great benefits from health, dental, vision, life, even pet insurance! If you don't need health benefits you may be eligible to receive a $4,000 stipend for waiving those benefits. We also offer a Retirement plan through the Wisconsin Retirement System as well as other supplemental retirement 403b and 457 plans. In addition, we have the option to contribute to the Wisconsin EdVest 529 Education Savings Plan.
Looking for time off? We offer PAID leave for sick leave (we call this paid leave of absence), and holidays. Faculty also receive 20 days of no class/no commit time. We have Friday's off in the summer and a Holiday break from Christmas through New Year's to give you a break from the busy semester!
There are so many additional benefits that we offer including tuition reimbursement, professional development, a free on-site wellness/fitness center and an on-site childcare center. There are also employee discounts on plans with US Cellular, Sprint, Sports Core, and more.
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. based on instructional schedule and possible evening
Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Responsible for placing learning first and providing educational experiences for learners in various formats, schedules, and in various places in accordance with the mission of the College inclusive of: facilitating learning, assessing student performance, as well as instruction and outcomes, developing and maintaining current/relevant course materials, and communicating with the community, other schools, the college, the division, and team members. Provide Five Star Service throughout all customer interactions.
Provide instruction in the Electro-Mechanical Maintenance Technician program with an emphasis on meeting the needs of the local workforce in the high demand area of maintenance. Instructional areas include hydraulics and pneumatics, power transmission, bearings, pumps, fluid and air handling, and machine repair. Remain current with the maintenance trends in the industry. Additional duties may include providing instruction to displaced workers, pre-hire employees, and current employees through contract training to include training assignments to business and industry clients with delivery provided both on and off campus.
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Comprehensive understanding of electrical and mechanical systems.
• Two years teaching or training experience beneficial.
• Maintenance Mechanic/Maintenance Technician Journey-Worker status beneficial.
• Experience with computer assisted instruction and software.
• Working knowledge of PC software in a Windows environment.
• Experience desired in delivering instruction by alternative methods such as instructional television or online.
• Possess excellent classroom delivery skills, which encourage success and participation on the part of students.
• Must be innovative and able to collaborate with other staff for developing curriculum, including lecture and lab activities, for classroom and lab instruction.
• Must be well motivated and have a strong interest in contributing to the success of the College.
• Positive human relations and effective written and oral communication skills essential.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Experience and/or Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
• Bachelor's degree in related field and education and training preparing the individual for the occupational area being taught and a minimum of two years (4000 hours) recent related occupational experience OR Journey-Worker Card in Maintenance/Maintenance Technician OR Associate Degree in Electro-Mechanical and 5 years (10,000 hours) recent related occupational experience OR Technical Diploma in Maintenance Technician and 5 years (10,000 hours) recent related occupational experience. If no journey worker card or bachelor’s degree, individual hired will be required to enroll in an accredited bachelor’s degree program in a related discipline and to complete the degree within 5 years of employment.
• Occupational experience should include one of these occupational areas: Electro-Mechanical Technician, Maintenance Mechanic, Journey-Worker Maintenance Mechanic, Journey-Worker Maintenance Technician.
Physical Demands/ Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Multitasking is required.
This position is performed within an incarcerated setting, offering limited breaks.
The above duties describe the chief functions of the job and are not to be considered a detailed description of every duty of the job.
Conditions of Employment:
Date Updated: 08/19/2022
Lakeshore Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic testing, lack of English skills, arrest or conviction record, political affiliation, veteran status, parental status, marital status, pregnancy or other protected categories, in its services, employment, programs, and/or educational programs and activities, including but not limited to admissions, access and participation. The college attempts to be in compliance with all federal laws including but not limited to Title IX & section 504. Inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies are handled by the executive director of human resources/affirmative action officer, 1290 North Avenue, Cleveland WI 53015, phone 920.693.1139 or 888.468.6582, ext. 1139.
Lakeshore Technical College provides reasonable accommodations to assist persons with disabilities to access or participate in its programs or activities. Persons requiring accommodation to access the college’s programs, services, and/or employment should call LTC at 920.693.1000 or 888. Go To LTC (888.468.6582), or TTY 711.
Type of Position: Full Time Position