Job Title: Electro-Mechanical Program Specialist (Full-Time)
Employment Classification: Support Staff Non Exempt ~ $26.03 per hour
Reports To: Dean of Advanced Manufacturing, Agriculture, Automotive and Engineering
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment & Work Schedule: 40 hours per week x 52 weeks; Monday - Friday
Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon needs of the college
Oversee the operation and maintenance of the electro-mechanical labs while promoting a learning atmosphere in the labs and provide student reinforcement training and individual tutoring in the lab by assisting students with robotic programming and repair, PLC programming, electricity, wiring, and motors and controls. Repair and service machinery, set up new machinery, troubleshoot and evaluate machine breakdowns. Assist instructors with lab instruction and coordinating vendors and tours. Provide Five Star Service throughout all customer interactions.
• Assist students in mastering robotics, wiring, programming, electrical, fluid power and electro mechanical troubleshooting techniques.
• Promote a learning atmosphere in the lab by encouraging effective work habits with students and serving as a resource person for the students.
• Maintain a safe, clean, and orderly physical environment.
• Monitor and perform servicing on all machinery.
• Order lab supplies and material, and machine repair parts.
• Primary contact person for purchase of all new machines and equipment.
• Set-up of new machinery and equipment.
• Ensure that safety is maintained and followed in the labs at all times.
• Troubleshoot and evaluate machine breakdowns.
• Inspect student projects as to quality, accuracy, and document results.
• Address student lab concerns and resolve problems.
• Provide shop support by coordinating with vendors.
• Conduct tours and hands on activities of instructional labs for tours to market our program.
• Provide information to visitors and guests.
• Attend workshops/seminars and advisory committee meetings.
• Associate degree in Electro Mechanical or related field is required. Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering desired. Two years recent occupational experience in manufacturing environment preferred.
• Strong preference for previous experience teaching or instructional assistance in an open lab environment.
• Ability to operate and repair specific equipment or tools (e.g., robots).
• Must be able to work occasional weeknights and weekends.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is desirable.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Conditions of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
Health Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Vacation
Dental Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Vision Insurance Professional Development Flexible Spending Program
Long Term Disability Tuition Reimbursement On-Site Child Care
Life Insurance Holidays Wellness/Fitness Center
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
Beginning: Monday, December 16, 2019
Closing: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application materials should be submitted for receipt no later than Wednesday, January 1, 2020.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.