Job Title: EMS Instructor (Full-Time | Grant Funded)
Reports To: Dean of Public Safety and Energy
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, WI and Rhinelander, WI
Salary Expectation: Faculty Contract Salary Schedule
Employment and Work Schedule: Contract Dates: July-June
New Professional Staff Orientation
Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon needs of the college
The EMS Instructor facilitates student learning within the EMS programs to include instruction within a wide array of EMS educational offerings from American Heart Association offerings to the Paramedic Associate Degree program. This individual is an experienced EMS provider that is able to incorporate real-life experience into the classroom to foster student learning. Additionally, this person, is a creative individual capable of developing unique performance based curriculum and cooperative learning activities for their students. They will collaborate with administrative support staff and management to maintain program accreditation with the respective agencies.
Responsible for placing learning first and provide educational experiences for learners in various formats, schedules, and in various places in accordance with the mission of the college inclusive of: facilitating learning, assessing student performance, as well as instruction and outcomes, developing and maintaining current/relevant course materials, and communicating with the community, other schools, the college, the division, and team members. Provide 5 Star Service throughout all customer interactions.
Faculty in this position are also responsible to:
• Deliver instruction in EMS areas, and fire service education, if credentialed.
• Develop curriculum and lesson plans for EMS education, and fire service education, if credentialed.
• Provide timely feedback to students.
• Record and maintain student records of academic performance.
• Collaborate with clinical sites on student performance.
• Communicate equipment needs to Dean and administrative support staff.
• Advocate for EMS education in the community.
• Associate Degree in EMS/Paramedic and a minimum of two-years of occupational experience as a Paramedic required. Bachelor’s degree in a related field will be required within five years of employment.
• Wisconsin EMT- Paramedic license.
• National Registry of EMT’s Paramedic level certification.
• American Heart Association ACLS and PALS Instructor certification, or ability to obtain.
• Wisconsin Department of Health EMS Instructor II license.
• Experience with WIDS curriculum materials preferred.
• WTCS Emergency Services Instructor I certification preferred.
• Experience with computer assisted instruction and software preferred.
• Working knowledge of PC software in a Windows environment.
• Experience desired in delivering instruction by alternative methods such as instructional television or online preferred.
• Possess excellent classroom delivery skills, which encourage success and participation on the part of students.
• Must be innovative and able to collaborate with other staff for developing curriculum for classroom instruction.
• Must be well motivated and have a strong interest in contributing to the success of the College.
• Positive human relations and effective written and oral communication skills essential.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Conditions of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
• Must meet and maintain Faculty Quality Assurance System (FQAS) requirements.
Health Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Dental Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Flexible Spending Program
Long Term Disability Professional Development On-Site Child Care Center
Life Insurance Tuition Reimbursement Wellness/Fitness Center
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) Holidays
Beginning: Thursday, June 6, 2019
Closing: Until position is filled
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.