Salary: Per Adjunct Faculty Salary Schedule
Employment and Work Schedule: Day/evening teaching assignments
Flexible hours based upon the needs of the college
NOTE: Adjunct Faculty positions are for specific classes only and do not imply any availability of full-time employment.
Provide instruction to limited English language students, using varying methods of instruction to fit the needs of individuals and groups. Areas taught are Reading, Writing, Speaking, and Listening English. Facilitate learning using a defined curriculum. Assess student performance and outcomes. Develop and maintain current course materials working as a team with other ELL instructors. Provide direction to instructional assistants for tutorial and/or small group work.
Responsible for placing learning first and providing educational experiences for learners in various formats, schedules, and in various places in accordance with the mission of the college inclusive of: facilitating learning, assessing student performance as well as instruction and outcomes, developing and maintaining current/relevant course materials, and communicating with the community, other schools, the college, the division, and team members. Provide Five Star Service throughout all customer interactions.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Examples include: Teaching English as a Foreign Language, Vocational English as a Second Language, Teaching English as a Second Language Instruction, Applied Linguistics, Bilingual Education, English, or Elementary Ed.
• Minimum of two years teaching experience with limited English proficient adults and/or children.
• Adult teaching experience preferred.
• Experience with computer assisted instruction and software.
• Working knowledge of PC software in a windows environment.
• Possess excellent classroom delivery skills, which encourage success and participation on the part of the students.
• Must be well motivated and have a strong interest in contributing to the success of students and the College.
• Positive human relations and effective written and oral communication skills essential.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Conditions of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
Recruitment Period: Ongoing
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.