ENGLISH LEARNER (HMONG SPEAKING) EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT
URBAN MIDDLE SCHOOL
- Minimum of two years of college (48 college credits) , an associate degree, or successful completion of the SASD Assessments.
- Ability to speak and write in both English and Hmong.
- Ability to work well with children and adults and be proficient in reading, writing, and math.
- Assist teacher in providing instruction to individual and groups of students, and supervising classroom activities. Must be able to model correct language techniques, grammar, and articulation.
- Must have some knowledge or experience with computers and computer programs.
- Availability to work as a translator at evening parent conferences.
- Ability to work with small instruction groups.
- Must be CPI trained or willing to be trained.
- Bus duty may be required.
This position will involve 7.0 hours per day, 5 days per week during the school year. The starting rate for this position is $14.20 per hour if the applicant is able to pass an oral/written home communication test and an oral/written translation test of content material. If the applicant is unsuccessful in passing the written/oral tests, an assessment of the candidate’s skills will be made to determine if their skills meet the requirements of the position. The rate of pay will then be $12.80 per hour. Prorated benefits.
Ability to translate from English to Hmong and Hmong to English in both written and oral communication. Ability to work well with young children and adults and be proficient in reading, writing and math. An oral and written translation test is required. Bus duty may be required. Other duties as assigned by the administrator.
Applications will be accepted only through the Wisconsin Education Career Access Network (WECAN). Go to: https://wecan.education.wisc.edu/#/ to create an account and to submit your application materials.