Salary Expectation: Non Exempt – $18.94 per hour (minimum)
Reports To: Director of Facilities
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule: 28 hours per week x 52 weeks (1,456 Annual Hours)
Monday – Thursday; 7am to 2:30pm
Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon needs of the college
Provide office support to the Campus Facilities staff. Provide direct assistance to the Facilities Manager and Director of Facilities. Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with college staff, vendors, contractors, and general public. Create, monitor, and resolve issues for all Facilities purchase requisitions, request for quotes, and public bids. Prepare and submit documentation for state facilities reporting and monitoring capital projects. Provide an exceptional customer service experience to both internal and external customers throughout every interaction. Other duties as assigned.
• Maintain the Campus access control system (door and furniture keys) using the DudeSolutions Inventory Direct program.
• Assist with the Campus keyless access system using dnaFusion program.
• Assist with coordination, preparation and monitoring of the Campus Facilities Operations budget.
• Assist in the overall Campus Facilities operations and facilities projects.
• Keep Work Order system up-to-date with equipment information, etc.
• Help develop training materials for department staff.
• Maintain utility records and report to state agencies the status of the college’s energy conservation program.
• Create, monitor, and resolve the sale of unused and/or obsolete campus equipment.
Planning and Project Management
• Assist in coordinating various materials for the Campus Facilities Capital projects as needed.
• Perform project management tasks for projects to include scheduling rooms for remodeling, compiling list and order material needed for projects, developing quotations, expediting orders, and communicating to staff.
• Review and assist in processing “Owner supplied” items as it relates to construction bid documents (doors/hardware, painting plan, flooring plan, furniture, and restroom specifications).
• Coordinate and prepare updates of the multi-year projects with Director of Facilities and upload to Bridge (intranet) site.
• Provide office management for the Campus Facilities department.
• Assist with monitoring and resolve issues with contracted services (shredding service, garbage).
• Maintain the facilities permanent record system for college’s property, to include building information, updated plans and other permanently retained facilities documentation.
• Create, monitor, and resolve issues for all Facilities purchase requisitions.
• Verify purchasing card invoices and reallocate expenditures to appropriate accounts.
• Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with college staff, vendors, contractors, and general public.
• Must perform tasks without direct supervision and maintain confidentiality.
• Create, monitor, and resolve issues for all Facilities request for quotes and public bids specific to Campus Facilities.
• Monitor and resolve procurement issues, follow up on overdue orders, missed and incorrect shipments from vendors specific to Campus Facilities.
• High school diploma or equivalent and related associate degree or equivalent and two or three years’ of recent occupational experience required.
• Ability to master software such as Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project).
• Working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and various specialized department software preferred.
• Organizational skills, initiative, professional judgement, and decision-making.
• Must perform tasks without direct supervision, assume responsibility, and maintain positivity and confidentiality.
• Excellent command of the English language, both written and oral. Excellent note taking skills.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and people of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition(s) of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) and a Motor Vehicle Record Check with the results acceptable to the College.
• Valid State of Wisconsin driver’s license is required.
Life Insurance Tuition Reimbursement Professional Development
Holidays (Prorated) Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) On-Site Child Care
Vacation (Prorated) Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Wellness/Fitness Center
Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA-Prorated)
Beginning: Friday, August 27, 2021
Closing: Applications will be accepted online until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application materials should be submitted for receipt no later than Tuesday, September 7, 2021.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the LTC online application system, click HERE to login or to create a new account login to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.