Job Title: General Academic Specialist (Part-Time, Limited Term Employment)
Reports To: Director of Student Resources
Salary Expectation: Support Staff ~ $21.31 per hour
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Location may vary based upon need
Employment & Work Schedule: 15 hours per week x 30 weeks (450 annual hours)
Fall Term: August 27 – December 21
Spring Term: January 21 – May 10
Flexible hours based upon needs of the College
Provide instructional assistance to students as part of the Academic Support & Tutoring team, with a focus on General Education courses in Math, Communications, Science, and Social Sciences. Collaborate with appropriate staff and faculty to schedule and prepare for study sessions to meet student needs. Reach out to students who are referred for services. Track, report, and communicate student participation.
• Schedule and provide individualized academic support for students which includes development of learning communities (study group facilitation) and referral to LTC Student Services/Resources staff as appropriate to meet student needs.
• Prepare for and lead academic support through individual or group tutoring through both study groups and walk-in hours.
• Utilize appropriate technologies to deliver support and to contact and maintain communication with appropriate staff, faculty, and students.
• Follow up on student referrals and motivate students to participate in study sessions or walk-in hours to complete coursework successfully.
• Track and report student attendance on a weekly basis.
• Follow policies, procedures, and mechanisms to ensure integrity and security of academic records.
• Promote a positive image of LTC both internally and externally.
• Provide 5 Star Service throughout all customer interactions.
• Bachelor’s degree in an academic area such as Math, Education, Communication, Science, or Social Science preferred. Two years of recent relevant work experience preferred.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Working knowledge in related courses; written and oral communications; positive customer service and human relations; self-initiating and assertive; ability to multi-task; organization, prioritization, follow through, and problem solving skills are essential.
• Ability to work independently, shift priorities quickly and work with flexibility.
• Ability to interpret strategies and implement procedures to achieve goals.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
• Valid State of Wisconsin driver’s license required or access to reliable and flexible transportation to commute from one job site to another.
Beginning: Tuesday, March 26, 2019
Closing: Until position is filled
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.
Online Application URL: https://gotoltc.edu/ltc-hr/display-position.php?position=277