Job Title: Grants Coordinator (Full-Time)
Salary Expectation: Management Exempt – Salary will commensurate based on education and experience
Reports To: Vice President of Strategy
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule: 52 weeks – Year round management employment agreement
Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon needs of the college
Oversee the identification of potential external funding resources through state, federal and private support for LTC programs, services, and operations and ensure compliance with funding source guidelines in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the programs and services incorporating outside funding. Design, create, and distribute special reports using data.
• Direct and facilitate all aspects of the grant development for securing funding for educational activities. Responsible to develop external grant proposals with a focus on state and federal funding. Complete grant proposals, which include working with a team of subject matter experts (administrators, faculty, staff, partners) to gather data; write, create evaluation plan, assist with budget development, edit and submit grant applications.
• Serve as a member of Grant Council Team to develop, implement, and evaluate annual and long-range grant funding plans; to identify college projects for which funding is desired and develop strategies to obtain funding and corresponding timelines. Research and identify potential grants sources including contacting state, federal, and local agencies, companies and foundations, as well as, conduct searches on the Internet, State Newsletters, and through other sources.
• Provide grant managers guidance in the monitoring, tracking and reporting of grants.
• Ensure LTC complies with federal reporting guidelines as determined by the funding agency. Implement fiscal procedures consistent with regulations and grant programs. Work with directors and Financial Services to ensure grant activities and funds are tracked and completed. Guide project managers and stakeholders through start-up steps, rule interpretation and follow-up with agency project officers, alternate acceptable spend down strategies, grant questions, and technical report writing of progress and completion.
• Coordinate the collection and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data to assist managers in making decisions and supporting grant activity.
• Responsible for data collection for grant development and proposals.
• Provide direction and support to grant managers in developing processes for gathering and reporting grant outcomes and activities.
• Design, create, and distribute standard and special reports, studies, summaries, and analyses, as required.
• Develop reports in order to fulfill data requests and inform decision-making.
• Provide 5 Star Customer Service throughout every interaction.
Manager Essential Responsibilities
Oversee grants process. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carryout managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organizational policies and applicable laws to include: assist in developing plan(s) and budget for department; address issues in an effective and timely manner; be an active advocate for LTC in the community; and be active in the college by serving on committees.
• Bachelor's degree in a field related to business, public relations, marketing or finance.
• Three years of successful experience in the research, development, submission, and administration of state funded grants, as well as, federal and privately funded grants.
• Reporting software experience – Cognos preferred.
• Proficient in use of all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Familiarity with state, federal, and private funding sources and general budgeting and grant accounting procedures.
• Possess strong and effective leadership skills and demonstrated effective work performance.
• Ability to work effectively under time constraints.
• Ability to apply good organizational problem solving skills; knowledge of strategic planning, program development and evaluation, superior oral and written communications, creativity, attention to detail, and the ability to articulate the value of higher education.
• Ability to understand and interpret funding source guidelines and to match potential college programs/projects to funding source priorities.
• Ability to translate college priorities into programs and projects, and maximize the benefits of external funding.
• Ability to motivate and interest faculty, staff and the administrators in pursuing grant opportunities.
• Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with a variety of agencies and people; ability to effectively lead groups to reach creative and practical solutions; ability to assimilate information from a vast assortment of sources and adapt it to the needs of the College and various funding sources.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
Health Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Vacation
Dental Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Vision Insurance Professional Development Flexible Spending Program
Long Term Disability Tuition Reimbursement On-Site Child Care
Life Insurance Holidays Wellness/Fitness Center
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
Recruitment Period - Reposted
Beginning: Wednesday, October 2, 2019
Closing: Until position is filled
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.