Salary Expectation: Support Staff – $21.53 per hour (minimum)
Reports To: Executive Director of Marketing
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule: 38.75 hours per week x 52 weeks
Monday – Friday
Flexible hours based upon needs of the college
In support of the College’s mission, create and maintain a strong and consistent brand/identity for the college and its programs and services across all marketing media. Responsible for transforming simple documents into interesting and creative communication pieces. Maintain strong working relationships with internal and external customers. Must perform tasks without direct supervision.
* Use design principles to create, design and prepare layouts for College materials including: catalogs, annual reports, brochures, direct mail, billboards, digital & social media, advertisements, posters, business cards, flyers, and promotional items.
* Provide mock-ups to appropriate staff for approval.
* Create templates for Marketing and outside departments.
* Integrate type, images, graphics, and colors to communicate the message to the appropriate demographic.
* Change/modify images as necessary and maintain and organize graphic files.
* Provide supporting digital graphics (social media, web, email, internal tv media) to various Marketing team members.
* Utilize the College’s brand and image standards on all materials.
* Brainstorm with other Marketing team members on new projects to achieve successful visual communication to the appropriate audiences.
* Create branded website layouts for the College, CRM, and other related websites as needed.
* Create dynamic PowerPoint presentation slides/templates for Leadership Team and other levels of the college.
* Coordinate and direct internal/external photo shoots.
* Develop and maintain printer contacts to identify the most qualified printer for projects.
* Coordinate with internal/external print vendors on project cost, timeline, and specifications. Coordinate mailing lists and postal requirements with print vendors. Meet with and tour printers’ facilities regularly.
* Prepare approved files according to printer and project specifications.
* Source/coordinate freelancer designers, as necessary. Fulfill internal customer print requests.
* Create a brand experience through environmental design in new/existing locations on various campuses.
* Create design concepts and mockups for interior/exterior signage, murals, displays, rooms/offices, buildings, way finding signage, and various spaces on campuses.
* Provide photography services for Marketing projects and select campus events.
* Research/use new design products, materials, training, and technology to stay current in the industry.
* Organize, delegate, and provide work direction, support, and training to office staff, work study, student help, student intern, and temporary part-time staff. Attend professional development activities.
* Provide an exceptional customer service experience to both internal and external customers throughout every interaction. Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with two to three years of recent related occupational experience in developing graphic designs in an educational setting. Video editing skills/experience a plus.
* Create and manage text documents (correspondence, reports, ads, etc.) in Microsoft Office in Mac OSX environment and develop presentations using presentation software (PowerPoint). Knowledge of graphic software (Adobe Creative Suite).
* Thorough knowledge of design principles and printing processes.
* Interpersonal and intrapersonal talents and skills that foster a team environment and effectively ensure positive outcomes.
* Demonstrated ability to lead, coach, advise, develop, and listen to resolve issues and concerns, provide feedback, and delegate.
* Demonstrated ability to present publicly to diverse audiences, to communicate effectively and develop relationships with all levels of staff and outside entities.
* Set goals, plan, organize, implement, monitor, and meet deadlines independently as well as in a team setting.
* Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and people of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
* Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition of Employment
* Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) with the results acceptable to the College.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA)
Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Flexible Spending Program
Long Term Disability
On-Site Child Care
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
Beginning: Thursday, July 15, 2021
Closing: Until position is filled
Online Application Instructions
The LTC online employment application MUST be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. Applicants for this specific position MUST provide a comprehensive portfolio displaying past graphical work to showcase expertise which could include printed materials and/or electronic files. Video samples are a plus.
To access the LTC online application system, click HERE to login or to create a new account login to apply for the position. Electronic files can be emailed to email@example.com and printed materials can be mailed to: Lakeshore Technical College, Attn: Human Resources, 1290 North Avenue, Cleveland, WI 53015. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.