Job Title: Healthcare Lab Manager (Full-Time)
Employment Classification: Management Group (Exempt Position)
(Note: Salary will commensurate based on education and occupational experience.)
Reports To: Dean of Health and Human Services
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule: Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon needs of the college
The Healthcare Lab Manager works in collaboration with instructional staff and assists in the management, coordination, oversight, operations, and maintenance of the Clinical Skills Lab and the Nursing Simulation Lab for the nursing program and other allied health programs. Promote a learning atmosphere in the labs, maximize the operation of the labs, develop and maintain skills to operate human simulators, and provide training and advice to faculty and students as indicated. Provide 5 Star Customer Service throughout every interaction. Other activities as assigned.
• Facilitate all operations of the Clinical Skills Lab and Nursing Simulation Lab.
• Collaborate and work with instructional and department staff on the development of simulation lab activities, needs and equipment; organize and schedule labs accordingly.
• Prepare equipment and supplies, chart paperwork, design, set up and run simulations for instructor demonstrations and student practice sessions.
• Assist students in the practice and reinforcement of technical skills in the Simulation Lab.
• Assist faculty in viewing students’ demonstration and application of skills in a simulated lab experience.
• Collaborate with instructors and vendors to maintain and update the Simulation Lab.
• Research, recommend, order, store, control and prepare appropriate supplies and equipment; work in conjunction with the Associate Dean of Nursing on the development of the budget for supplies and capital equipment needs.
• Provide basic troubleshooting and repair of all Simulation Lab equipment; schedule regular maintenance and repair services with minimal disruption to instructors and students when necessary.
• Provide orientation and continuing education for staff and clinical faculty relative to simulation-based activities.
• Provide training and guidance to staff, prospective students, community partners, and other educational institutions on the Clinical and Simulation Labs.
• Assist in the development and implementation of clinical simulation to meet accreditation standards.
• Ensure a safe and healthy work environment, comply with college health and safety policies, practice, and programs in keeping with occupational health and safety legislation and regulation.
• Represent the college at technical conferences, seminars and presentations on the benefits of simulation in educational settings for healthcare professionals.
• Keep current in the occupational field including new developments in practices, techniques, equipment and regulations by reading journals, attending conferences, workshops and in services, visiting hospitals, working in the field, and/or other activities.
• Assign staff and monitor hours according to budget and coordinate coverage of absent staff in the labs.
• Provide tours for potential students and other special interest groups in the Clinical Skills Lab.
• Assess the needs and facilitate the repairs of major equipment with LTC purchasing staff.
• Plan expenses in collaboration with Dean, Associate Dean and Academic Program Chairs.
Oversee all operations of the Clinical Skills Lab and Nursing Simulation Lab processes. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of labs. Carryout managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organizational policies and applicable laws to include: develop plan(s), budget and schedules for department; address issues in an effective and timely manner; be an active advocate for LTC in the community; and be active in the college by serving on committees.
• Master’s degree in Nursing is required. A minimum of two years of nursing experience required.
• Must be actively licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Wisconsin.
• Expert technical skills and knowledge of nursing program to correlate simulation center activities with the curriculum required.
• Computer experience required.
• Minimum of one year of full-time teaching experience in a nursing program preferred.
• Certification as a Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE) preferred.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is desirable.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
Health Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Vacation
Dental Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Long Term Disability Professional Development Flexible Spending Program
Life Insurance Tuition Reimbursement On-Site Child Care
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) Holidays Wellness/Fitness Center
Recruitment Period – Revised/Reposted
Beginning: Friday, May 10, 2019
Closing: Applications will be accepted online until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application materials should be submitted for receipt no later than Friday, May 24, 2019.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.