Job Title: Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning Adjunct Faculty (HVAC)
Division: Dean of Public Safety and Energy
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Salary: Per Adjunct Faculty Salary Schedule - $35.00 per hour (minimum)
Employment and Work Schedule: Start Date: August 2020
Day/evening teaching assignments
Flexible hours based upon the needs of the college
NOTE: Adjunct Faculty positions are for specific classes only and do not imply any availability of full-time employment.
Lakeshore Technical College seeks an adjunct instructor who has a passion for teaching and learning in the HVACR Installation Technician program. The successful candidate will be one who is willing to use innovative teaching techniques and technologies to create flexible learning environments, is committed to assessment and improvement of student learning, and the development of independent, lifelong learners.
This position is part-time at our Cleveland campus. Under the supervision of the Dean of Public Safety and Energy, and in collaboration with other faculty, staff, and the program advisory committee, the individual will teach and facilitate student learning in the core occupational courses such as:
• Introduction to Construction
• Basic Electricity for Construction
• Heating Systems
• Cooling Systems
• Residential HVAC installation
• Responsible for coordinating the instruction process, associated curriculum review and development, and student advising within the area of instruction.
• Responsible for delivering instruction and assessments in alignment with curriculum requirements.
• Required to coordinate the instructional process, to include but not limited to: course preparation, student attendance records, student assessment, grading, and must be accessible to students outside of scheduled classroom time (to include electronic communications as well as in-person meetings).
• Associate degree with minimum of two years (4,000 hours) of recent related (construction/ HVAC) occupational experience ~OR~
• Bachelor’s degree with two years of verifiable related occupational experience ~OR~
• Seven years (14,000 hours) of verifiable related occupational experience.
• Adult teaching experience preferred.
• Experience with computer assisted instruction and software.
• Working knowledge of PC software in a windows environment.
• Possess excellent classroom delivery skills, which encourage success and participation on the part of the students.
• Must be well motivated and have a strong interest in contributing to the success of students and the College.
• Positive human relations and effective written and oral communication skills essential.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
Beginning: Tuesday, July 28, 2020
Closing: Until position is filled
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’, and click on ‘Goto my profile’ located in the upper right corner of the page to access or create a new account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.