Job Title: Human Resource Administration Instructor (Full-Time)
Division: Business, Technology and Hospitality
Reports To: Dean of Business, Technology and Hospitality
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Salary Expectation: Faculty Contract Salary Schedule
Employment and Work Schedule: Contract Dates: July-June
New Professional Staff Orientation
Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon the needs of the college
Provide instruction to students in the Human Resource Administration Program at Lakeshore Technical College.
Responsible for placing learning first and providing educational experiences for learners in various formats, schedules, and in various places in accordance with the mission of the college inclusive of: facilitating learning, assessing student performance, as well as instruction and outcomes, developing and maintaining current/relevant course materials, and communicating with the community, other schools, the college, the division, and team members. Provide 5 Star Service throughout all customer interactions.
Develop strategic networking relationships with Human Resource professionals within the Lakeshore Technical College district to create internship and other experiential learning opportunities for program students. Implement appropriate benchmark practices that reflect Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Curriculum Standards. This program is active in WTCS system wide Human Resource Management program collaboration including curriculum and program outcomes.
• Educate students with core knowledge and current developments in the discipline.
• Provide regular curriculum and course improvement with continually updated teaching methods.
• Participate in subject or program leadership teams and college-wide committees.
• Work effectively in a team-based environment.
• Seek opportunities for continuous professional development.
• Facilitate optimal learning through integration of technology and utilization of appropriate delivery methods.
• Evaluate student learning based on course competencies employing formative and summative strategies.
• Create an inclusive, effective learning environment that addresses barriers and provides reasonable accommodations.
• Master’s degree in Human Resources or related discipline and a minimum of two years (4000 hours) successful recent related occupational experience in Human Resources or related field required.
• HRCI PHR or SHRM-CP certification is required.
• Two years teaching experience desirable.
• Experience with computer assisted instruction and software.
• Working knowledge of PC software in a windows environment.
• Experience desired in delivering instruction by alternative methods such as instructional television or online.
• Possess excellent classroom delivery skills, which encourages success and participation on the part of students.
• Must be innovative and able to collaborate with other staff in developing curriculum for classroom instruction.
• Must be well motivated and have a strong interest in contributing to the success of the college.
• Positive human relations and effective written and oral communication skills essential.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Conditions of Employment
• Employment is conditional on compliance with state statute regarding the completion of a Caregiver Background Information Disclosure and the results acceptable to the clinical agencies accessed in the curriculum.
• Must meet and maintain Faculty Quality Assurance System (FQAS) requirements.
Health Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Health Incentive Account (HIA)
Dental Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Flexible Spending Program
Long Term Disability Professional Development On-Site Child Care Center
Life Insurance Tuition Reimbursement Wellness/Fitness Center
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) Holidays
Beginning: Friday, November 30, 2018
Closing: Online applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application materials should be submitted for receipt no later than Wednesday, December 12, 2018.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.
Online Application URL: https://gotoltc.edu/ltc-hr/display-position.php?position=249