Job Title: Institutional Research and Scholarship Specialist - Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund
Full-Time | Limited Term Employment | Grant Funded Through May 12, 2023
Salary Expectation: Non Exempt – $21.53 per hour (minimum)
Reports To: Vice President of Strategy and Outreach
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule: 38.75 hours per week x 52 weeks
Monday – Friday
Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon needs of the college
Ensure effective HEERF program compliance is maintained, data is collected and adequately and timely reported. Provide monitoring reports and status demonstrating strategic funding alignment, showing progress related to stimulus initiatives, indicating efforts supported by HEERF funds, and defining college efforts to support COVID-recovery efforts pertaining to classroom safety, enrollment supports, and retention. Collaborate with program constituents to ensure activities are documented and plans are implemented including continuous improvement and equitable practices. Support the Advancement Office with awarding scholarships to students impacted by the COVID pandemic, including the administrative tasks and reporting.
• Map requests and expenditures alongside strategic plan and prepare and submit regular reports as needed to Institutional Research to show how spending aligns with and supports larger strategic efforts.
• Collaborate with others and ensure activities are documented in program, department, or service area continuous improvement plans (annual plans) and implemented along individual project plans and timelines.
• Create reports for responsible staff to monitor and evaluate progress related to the initiatives funded by stimulus funds.
• Gather, monitor, and evaluate data and objective reporting of efforts supported exclusively by HEERF funds.
• Track and coordinate efforts from divisions of the college to support COVID-recovery efforts pertaining to classroom safety, enrollment supports, and retention.
• Where applicable, validate and inventory student-level data for preparation of long-term reporting.
• If applicable, directly support HEERF-funded projects, staff, and data collection for specific purposes.
• Promote consideration of equitable practices; where lacking, discuss proposals with stakeholders to see if these practices can be supported.
• Develop positive, transparent communication practices.
• Maintain the relief fund website and coordinate all reporting monthly, quarterly, interim, and annual reporting.
• Data entry in Raiser’s Edge Database (RE) and Awards Management systems – Blackbaud Systems.
• Reporting –running system reports needed for Financial Services, Admissions, Student Financial Aid, and Billing offices.
• Process reports and check requests to Financial Services.
• Mailings –pull mailing lists to garner support for students impacted by COVID and coordinate mailings (create labels if needed and/or coordinate with Marketing/Copy Center).
• Scholarship - oversee the scholarship email address. Assist Advancement staff in processing scholarship applications for those impacted by COVID.
• Update website content with latest information as needed.
• File Management – both electronic and hard copy filing.
• Associate degree in a related discipline (business or information technology, social or information science) or equivalent with two to three years of recent related occupational experience required.
• Programming background preferred.
• Course work in data mining, statistics, and research methodology preferred.
• Experience working with quantitative information.
• Demonstrated organizational and time-management skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, analytical thinking skills, computer technology skills and abilities, problem-solving, attention to detail, prioritizing, decision-making, and follow-through skills essential.
• Present and conduct self in a professional, ethical, and respectful manner.
• Ability to plan and set goals and follow-through to completion. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to learn a variety of data-mining and survey software.
• Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
• Flexibility to switch gears when necessary.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and people of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) with the results acceptable to the College.
Health Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Vacation
Dental Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Vision Insurance Professional Development Flexible Spending Program
Long Term Disability Tuition Reimbursement On-Site Child Care
Life Insurance Holidays Wellness/Fitness Center
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
Beginning: Friday, August 27, 2021
Closing: Until position is filled
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’, and click on ‘Goto my profile’ located in the upper right corner of the page to access or create a new account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.