LTC offers great benefits from health, dental, vision, life, even pet insurance! If you don't need health benefits you will receive a $4,000 stipend for waiving those benefits. We also offer a Retirement plan through the Wisconsin Retirement System as well as other supplemental retirement 403b and 457 plans. In addition, we have the option to contribute to the Wisconsin EdVest 529 Education Savings Plan.
Looking for time off? We offer PAID leave for sick leave (we call this paid leave of absence), and holidays. Faculty also receive 20 days of no class/no commit time. We have Friday's off in the summer and a Holiday break from Christmas through New Year's to give you a break from the busy semester!
There are so many additional benefits that we offer including tuition reimbursement, professional development, a free on-site wellness/fitness center and an on-site child care center. There are also employee discounts on plans with US Cellular, Sprint, Sports Core, and more. For additional information on all of our vast array of benefits, check out our benefits guide by clicking HERE.
Flexible day/evening/weekend hours, based upon the needs of the college
Lakeshore Technical College - Cleveland Campus
Faculty in this position educate students with core knowledge and current developments in the IT computer support discipline. Provide regular curriculum and course improvement with continually updated teaching methods. Participate in subject or program leadership teams and college-wide committees. Work effectively in a team-based environment. Seek opportunities for continuous professional development. Remain well-versed in current industry trends and norms. Engage business leaders in a continual pursuit of knowledge for use in the classroom.
Faculty in this role teach the IT Computer Support Specialist program. The role includes, as applicable to these programs, management of classroom technology infrastructure including Windows servers; user accounts; storage space and security; desktop installation and configuration; network wiring; and desktop, user, and network security, and all aspects of virtualization systems is expected. Faculty are expected to understand the ITIL framework as it relates to Incident Management.
Teaching/training in high schools, business and industry may be assigned.
Faculty in this role are required to maintain proficiency using emerging and existing technology in the development and delivery of curriculum. Alignment of course and program outcomes provides exemplary learning environments in which students develop critical technical skills, competencies, and knowledge for future career and educational success.
• Assist in the maintenance of program accreditation through the Higher Learning Commission activities and requirements.
• Create effective relationships with district business partners for the purpose of establishing long term advisory and student experiential learning when applicable.
• Respond to student needs in a professional timeline synonymous with industry best practices.
• Manage computer lab equipment including desktop systems, laptops, printers, servers, and switches.
• Manage classroom technology infrastructure including Windows servers, user accounts, storage space and security.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, IT, or related field or enrolled in, and actively pursuing, completion of a Bachelor’s Degree.
• Faculty should be well-versed in MacOS and other Apple products and software.
• Faculty should be well-versed in Microsoft Windows operating systems.
• Cybersecurity industry-based credentials are required.
• Must understand ITIL framework, as it relates to incident management, asset management, and change management.
• Project management experience is desirable.
• Must meet requirements of appropriate accrediting agencies.
• Applicant must have a minimum of two years (4000 hours) of experience specific to program needs at the time of hire (recent experience preferred).
• Ability to work non-standard hours including mornings, evening, and weekend hours.
• Two years higher education teaching experience desirable.
• Experience with computer assisted instruction and software.
• Working knowledge of PC software in a windows environment.
• Experience desired in delivering instruction by alternative methods such as instructional television or online.
• Possess excellent classroom delivery skills, which encourage success and participation on the part of students.
• Must be innovative and able to collaborate with other staff for developing curriculum for classroom instruction.
• Must be well motivated and have a strong interest in contributing to the success of the College.
• Positive human relations and effective written and oral communication skills essential.
• Advanced knowledge of current Microsoft Office software and Adobe Creative Suite software.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and peopl;e of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
Condition(s) of Employment:
Type of Position: Full Time Position