Salary Expectation: Annual Salary - $68,989 to $71,576
(Note: If the successful candidate hired does not meet the educational requirements, the position may be offered at a different salary, per the full-time faculty salary schedule.)
Reports To: Dean of Health and Human Services
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule: Contract Dates: July 1 – June 30 (Year round)
New Professional Staff Orientation
Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon the needs of the college
Provide instruction to students in the Medical Assistant program at Lakeshore Technical College. Responsible for placing learning first and providing educational experiences for learners in various formats, schedules, and in various places in accordance with the mission of the college inclusive of: facilitating learning, assessing student performance, as well as instruction and outcomes, developing and maintaining current/relevant course materials, and communicating with the community, other schools, the college, the division, and team members. Teaching/training in business and industry may be assigned. Provide Five Star Service throughout all customer interactions.
Manage the Learning Environment
• Integrate learning theories and models into curriculum design. Update curriculum appropriately in WIDs/Blackboard according to the college schedule.
• Facilitate optimal learning through integration of technology and utilization of appropriate delivery methods. Encourage the engagement of students and reflect learning style theories.
• Evaluate student learning based on course competencies employing formative and summative strategies. Provide constructive and timely feedback aimed at learner development.
Enhance Student Success
• Modify teaching and learning based upon course instructor feedback, assessment results and curricular changes to improve student success.
• Create an inclusive, effective learning environment that addresses barriers and provides reasonable accommodations.
• Advise students in ways that foster the development of the whole student and encourages persistence and timely completion of a certificate, diploma or degree.
• Effectively utilize a variety of data analysis tools to assess the course or program.
Pursue Professional Development
• Continually advance substantive subject matter knowledge (theories, facts and skills) in core and related areas. Maintain licensures and certifications, seeks opportunities to complete additional credentials, such as: industry recognized certifications, workshops, certificates, etc.
• Advance knowledge of teaching and learning a variety of delivery methods. Maintain compliance with LTC’s model of the Wisconsin Technical College System Faculty Quality Assurance System (FQAS).
• Actively contributes to the college community through participation in committees, initiatives and events. Proactively represents the College in the community through service.
• Bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education.
• Must have a current Medical Assistant registration or certification through a national recognized and accredited certifying agency such as the AAMA or AMT (Ex. CMA or RMA).
• A minimum of three years’ teaching or occupational experience in the subject field required.
• Two years teaching experience desirable.
• Experience with computer assisted instruction and software, including MS Office products.
• Working knowledge of PC software in a windows environment.
• Experience desired in delivering instruction by alternative methods such as instructional television or online.
• Possess excellent classroom delivery skills, which encourages success and participation on the part of students.
• Must be innovative and able to collaborate with other staff in developing curriculum for classroom instruction.
• Must be well motivated and have a strong interest in contributing to the success of the college.
• Positive human relations and effective written and oral communication skills essential.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Conditions of Employment
• Employment is conditional on compliance with state statute regarding the completion of a Caregiver Background Information
Disclosure and the results acceptable to the clinical agencies accessed in the curriculum.
• Must meet and maintain Faculty Quality Assurance System (FQAS) requirements.
Health Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Dental Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Flexible Spending Program
Vision Insurance Professional Development On-Site Child Care
Long Term Disability Tuition Reimbursement Wellness/Fitness Center
Life Insurance Holidays
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
Beginning: Tuesday, December 22, 2020
Closing: Applications will be accepted online until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application materials should be submitted for receipt no later than Friday, January 8th, 2021.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’, and click on ‘Goto my profile’ located in the upper right corner of the page to access or create a new account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.