Monday – Friday
Flexible day/evening/weekend hours, based upon the needs of the college
Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Positively contribute to enrollment and retention efforts by supporting the Enrollment Services department. Manage and facilitate the college’s online Student Success Tutorial course. Maintain strong working relationships and work directly with students, management, faculty, and support staff on Student Services plans/projects. Provide high-level customer service to internal and external customers. Must perform tasks without direct supervision and maintain confidentiality
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
(60%) Enrollment and Retention Support
• Maintain knowledge and serve as a resource for student systems including PeopleSoft and Navigate functions that support enrollment and retention processes and efforts.
• Serve as an onboarding specialist by overseeing the enrollment, outreach, and grading of students in the online Student Success Tutorial all the way through to completion.
• Access in-house records and database system to answer student questions across all functional areas. Address student needs and concerns. Work cooperatively with specialist in each functional area and refer students as needed.
• Be competent with technology to run and be familiar with enrollment and retention reports; organize reports and data for planning and decision-making.
• Support program counseling retention efforts by creating and maintaining student lists, outreach communication and schedules, and re/enrollment campaigns.
• Assist with registering students to support program counselors; assist/troubleshoot throughout all the stages of the registration process (traditional and online) including communicating with divisions and departments as needed.
• Assess, make recommendations, and implement enrollment and retention process improvements.
(30%) Enrollment Processing
• Update computer system records with accuracy and timeliness.
• Process Background Information Disclosure (BID) checks with the Wisconsin Department of Justice (DOJ), Department of Health and Family Services (DHFS), and out of state agencies. Conduct and maintain fraud checks with the Office of the Inspector General.
• Follow up with Divisions if necessary, for further processing and student status of BIDs and Health Forms.
• Scan, and link student documents into ImageNow to maintain student files.
• Keep database up to date on students’ enrollment process and communications.
• Oversee and conduct student outreach to assist students with completing registration and program to do items
• Serve as backup to review and process Student Health Forms.
(10%) Internal Customer Service
• Assist with coordination and completion of program information sheets and college catalog publication process.
• Assist with the deployment of overall Student Services goals. Solve problems, answer questions, provide information, and follow-up on requests. Maintain high level of customer service to external and internal customers, to include interaction with students, deans, managers, faculty, and support staff to resolve issues and influence outcomes.
• Collaborate with other enrollment team members to ensure student needs are met and communication flow is maintained and is timely.
• Support enrollment team members, initiatives, and events.
• Work closely with Admissions, Financial Aid, and Student Records to maintain a smooth student experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent and related associate degree or equivalent with two to three years recent related occupational experience required.
Note: If educational/certification requirements are not met, candidates may be considered, however the expectation would be that they be met within 5 years of employment.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Must be extremely organized, detail-oriented and accurate, able to multi-task, and able to prioritize responsibilities. Must work independently with little or no supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment at peak times of the year. Must possess excellent communication skills. Must have thorough knowledge of educational software applications related to student data, record-keeping and reporting. Experience with Peoplesoft, Cognos and Microsoft Office preferred. Must be able to recommend and provide input into business process changes. Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered. Ability to maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and people of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds. Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to division deans, prospective students, and public groups. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Able to make instant decisions based on facts presented. Ability to apply principles of logic to a wide range of practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (graphs, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
Beginner Level Skills: Be familiar with basic hardware; create a simple text document in MS Word; use and maintain voice mail; use file manager; use network file manager; use and maintain a personal calendar; use email to communicate; navigate through Windows; access college network system; understand database concepts; send and receive attachments; navigate through the Internet; and schedule meetings.
Intermediate Level Skills: Set up and use a laptop and printer; develop materials using presentation software; create reports on MS Word; use PowerPoint or similar presentation technology; manage MS Word files; create a basic spreadsheet; use database queries. Access and use project management systems.
Advanced Level Skills: Use spreadsheet graphics.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above duties describe the chief functions of the job and are not to be considered a detailed description of every duty of the job.
Condition of Employment:
Type of Position: Full Time Position