Job Title: Online and Shared Program Counselor - Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund
Limited Term Employment | Grant Funded Through May 12, 2023
Salary Expectation: Exempt – Annual Salary $52,667 to $65,834
(Note: Salary will commensurate based on education and occupational experience.)
Reports To: Executive Director of Program Counseling and Student Resources
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule: 52 weeks – Year-round management employment agreement
Monday through Friday
Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon needs of the college
Through the U.S. Dept. of Education’s Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) authorized by the American Rescue Plan. The Online and Shared Program Counselor is responsible for providing proactive high-quality program advising and career development service to online and shared program students with a focus on student success towards degree completion. Due to impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, the position will: provide students with accurate and current curricular program information; assist students in both short term and long-term academic program planning; refer students to other departments and services when appropriate; provide counsel regarding career plans, academic difficulties, and promote student success for all students by monitoring students’ academic standing, year to year retention, and graduation rates.
* Maintain a high level of knowledge and understanding of assigned online and shared programs.
* Collaborate with Primary and Cooperative colleges regarding admissions, financial aid, course selection, etc. to provide seamless service for the student.
* Provide guidance and counsel to students designed to assist them in making decisions associated with their academic and/or career goals.
* Create and provide to each student an academic mapping plan that shows courses needed in order to complete their degree program in a timely manner.
* Conduct one-on-one or group advising sessions with?students to address academic and personal concerns, create actions plans for student success, and maintain relevant all records to student profiles and progress.
* Assist students with course selection, registration, and academic and career-goal planning.
* Assist students with financial aid concerns by partnering with the Office of Financial Aid to ensure students have completed all necessary paperwork and met all institutional and federal deadlines.
* Assist with retention activities for program students in support of the College and its enrollment management goals.
* Proactively collaborate with college-wide departments, faculty, tutors, and academic support staff to advocate, identify, and meet the academic needs of?students they advise.
* Utilize available technology to monitor academic progress of students toward degree and/or certificate completion.
* Work with students who receive academic early alerts or are at risk of academic probation. Address and diffuse situations of conflict and crisis and make appropriate referrals.
* Provide effective student coaching, specifically in the areas of guiding students with career advising and guided pathways, transfer information, goal setting, time management, self-advocacy, and study skills.
* Provide an exceptional customer service experience to both internal and external customers throughout every interaction. Other duties as assigned.
Manager Essential Responsibilities
Oversee shared program processes. Carryout managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organizational policies and applicable laws to include: address issues in an effective and timely manner; be an active advocate for LTC in the community; be active in the college by serving on committees; and teach classes, as requested, based on course-identified qualifications.
* Bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to student success required. Master’s degree in related field is preferred.
* Two to four years of recent related occupational experience in academic advising, career services, or employment resources required, three to five years of related experience preferred.
* Working knowledge of college enrollment management tools and financial aid processes.
* Must have highly developed written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to quickly adapt to change and succeed in a fast paced, metric driven position.
* Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and people of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
* Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition of Employment
* Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) with the results acceptable to the College.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA)
Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Flexible Spending Program
Long Term Disability
On-Site Child Care
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
Beginning: Thursday, July 15, 2021
Closing: Applications will be accepted online until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application materials should be submitted for receipt no later than Thursday, July 29, 2021.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’, and click on ‘Goto my profile’ located in the upper right corner of the page to access or create a new account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.