Job Title: Paralegal Program Adjunct Faculty
Division: Business, Technology, and Hospitality
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Salary: Per Adjunct Faculty Salary Schedule
Employment and Work Schedule: Start Date: Fall 2020
Weekday evenings – 6pm to 9pm
Two evening faculty meetings per academic year
NOTE: Adjunct Faculty positions are for specific classes only and do not imply any availability of full-time employment.
Lakeshore Technical College seeks a part-time instructor who has a passion for teaching students Real Estate Law and Criminal Law in the Paralegal program. The successful candidate will be one who is willing to use innovative teaching techniques and technologies to create flexible learning environments, is committed to assessment and improvement of student learning, and the development of independent, lifelong learners.
Responsible for placing learning first and providing educational experiences for learners in various formats, schedules, and in various places in accordance with the mission of the college inclusive of: facilitating learning, assessing student performance as well as instruction and outcomes, developing and maintaining current/relevant course materials, and communicating with the community, other schools, the college, the division, and team members. Provide Five Star Service throughout all customer interactions.
• Associate’s degree or equivalency required with education or training preparing the individual for the occupational area being taught (Paralegal).
• Two years (4000 hours) of current occupational experience in the legal field.
• Two years (4000 hours) of teaching experience is desirable.
• Experience with computer assisted instruction and software.
• Working knowledge of PC software in a windows environment.
• Experience in delivering instruction by alternative methods such as instructional television or online.
• Possess excellent classroom delivery skills, which encourage success and participation on the part of the students.
• Must be innovative and able to collaborate with other staff for developing curriculum for classroom instruction.
• Must be well motivated and have a strong interest in contributing to the success of students and the College.
• Positive human relations and effective written and oral communication skills essential.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
Beginning: Tuesday, May 12, 2020
Closing: Until position is filled
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’, click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’, and click on ‘Goto my profile’ located in the upper right corner of the page to access or create a new account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.