Job Title: Pre-College Education Part-Time Faculty
Location: Various locations
Salary: Per Part-Time Faculty Salary Schedule
Employment and Work Schedule: Varies
LTC is recruiting for potential teaching assignments in the following Adult Basic Education subject areas:
Communications, Mathematics, Sciences, Social Sciences, Basic Computer Skills, English Language Learning (ELL)
NOTE: Part-Time Faculty positions are for specific classes only and do not imply any availability of full-time employment.
Provide instruction to students in day and evening, and weekend classes at Lakeshore Technical College. Responsible for placing learning first and providing educational experiences for learners in various formats, schedules, and in various places in accordance with the mission of the college inclusive of: facilitating learning, assessing student performance as well as instruction and outcomes, developing and maintaining current/relevant course materials, and communicating with the community, other schools, the college, the division, and team members. Provide 5 Star Service throughout all customer interactions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in the program discipline area or in a related area (Secondary Education, Teaching and Learning, Alternative Education, etc.).
• One year (720 hours) teaching experience.
• Master’s degree in the program discipline area.
• Curriculum development experience.
• Experience with computer assisted instruction and software.
• Working knowledge of PC software in a windows environment.
• Possess excellent classroom delivery skills, which encourage success and participation on the part of the students.
• Must be well motivated and have a strong interest in contributing to the success of the College.
• Positive human relations and effective written and oral communication skills essential.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is desirable.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Conditions of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
• Must meet and maintain Wisconsin Technical College System Faculty Quality Assurance System (FQAs) requirements.
Beginning: Thursday, October 25, 2018
Closing: Until position(s) are filled
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Application’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.