Job Title: Safety and Compliance Instructor
Salary Expectation: $68,989 Minimum Annual Salary**
** If the successful candidate hired does not meet the educational requirements, the position may be offered at a different salary, per the full-time faculty salary schedule.
Reports To: Dean of Apprenticeship and Economic Development
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule: Contract Dates: July 1 – June 30 (Year round)
New Professional Staff Orientation
Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon the needs of the college
Note: This position requires frequent travel outside of the LTC district boundaries, on all shifts.
This position is ideal for an individual with workplace safety training experience looking to provide safety training opportunities to LTC’s business and industry partners. The Safety and Compliance Instructor will provide quality classroom safety instruction to meet regulatory training requirements such as DOT and OSHA. Safety training qualification / experience is required in two or more of the following subjects:
• Confined Space Training: Entry, and Non-Entry Rescue
• OSHA 10 & 30 (Construction and/or General Industry)
• HAZWOPER / Hazardous Materials
• NFPA 70E Electrical Training
• Power Industrial Vehicle: Forklift, aerial lift
• Industrial Emergency Response / Ammonia Response
• Lockout Tagout
• Respirator Fit Testing
• Collaborate with the Public Safety Department to adapt safety-training programs to meet the unique needs of our business and industry partners and utilize appropriate training techniques to produce positive learning outcomes.
• Coordinate with Workforce Solutions staff to schedule classes, access presentation and other class material as needed, and arrange for travel and accommodation requirements to meet client needs for program delivery.
• Collect and deliver class paperwork including tests, books, and class evaluations to the Workforce Solutions staff to ensure timely processing of completion certificates.
• Provide feedback to Staff to help facilitate positive client experiences.
• Participate in training classes to expand skills in teaching LTC’s programs and develop goals to build on strengths and increase effectiveness in achieving learning outcomes for each class.
• Responsible for delivering training solutions at the customer’s site. These assignments often include work to establish specialized training environments including loading, offloading, and setting up training props and other equipment.
• Provide Five Star Customer Service throughout every interaction. Other duties as assigned.
• Associate’s degree in safety, firefighting, industrial hygiene, hazardous materials, and/or related field with 3.5 years (7,000 hours) of recent related occupational experience required.
• Working knowledge of Federal and State DNR, EPA, DOT, and OSHA environmental health and safety and hazardous materials/waste regulations.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures and/or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
• Knowledge of high angle rescue, confined space, hazardous materials, and incident command.
• Experience presenting programs, seminars, and workshops along with a working knowledge of PC software in a windows environment.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, and students.
• Participation in professional staff orientation program required.
• Must be innovative and able to collaborate with other staff for developing curriculum for classroom instruction.
• Must be well motivated and have a strong interest in contributing to the success of the College.
• Positive human relations and effective written and oral communication skills essential.
• Bachelor’s degree in safety or related field with 2 years (4,000 hours) of recent related occupational experience preferred. (Seven years of directly related work experience can be accepted in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.)
• OSHA Certification, 500 or 501 Trainer Courses are desired.
• Ability to teach in a second area such as emergency medical services, fire, or criminal justice would also be beneficial.
• Possess excellent classroom delivery skills which encourage success and participation on the part of students.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Ability and willingness to teach off-shift and/or weekend hours when requested by clients.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition(s) of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) and a Motor Vehicle Record Check with the results acceptable to the College.
• Valid State of Wisconsin driver’s license is required.
• Must meet and maintain Faculty Quality Assurance System (FQAS) requirements.
Health Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
Dental Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Vision Insurance Professional Development Flexible Spending Program
Long Term Disability Tuition Reimbursement On-Site Child Care
Life Insurance Holidays Wellness/Fitness Center
Beginning: Wednesday, July 22, 2020
Closing: Applications will be accepted online until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application materials should be submitted for receipt no later than Friday, August 7 2020.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’, and click on ‘Goto my profile’ located in the upper right corner of the page to access or create a new account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.