Salary Expectation: Non-Exempt – $22.00 per hour (minimum)
Reports To: Dean of Public Safety and Energy
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule: Hours will vary based upon the needs of the college
Provide active threat security training to college staff, students, and visitors as requested in order to promote overall college safety and security. Other duties as assigned.
• Conduct, instruct, and update CRASE (Civilian Response to Active Shooter Events) and ALICE (Alert, Lockdown, Inform, Counter, Evacuate).
• Provide documentation of outlines and curriculum of the CRASE and ALICE training.
• Attend college approved, topic-relevant conferences, updates, current trends, and related training.
• Develop and present periodic proposals and new initiatives regarding Active Threat Training.
• Review current and future college Active Threat procedures and protocols.
• Interact and coordinate with other Security Facilitators to promote quality trainings and presentations.
• Provide an exceptional customer service experience to both internal and external customers throughout every interaction.
• Must be a current Wisconsin certified and sworn police officer with 5 or more years of law enforcement experience.
• Must be a certified CRASE and/or ALICE instructor.
• Ability to produce quality and dynamic presentations and conduct training in CRASE and/or ALICE to a wide variety of groups and individuals.
• Develop, prepare, and conduct Active Threat scenarios that accommodate participants from many different backgrounds, abilities, and perspectives.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and people of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) with the results acceptable to the College.
Beginning: Wednesday, November 17, 2021
Closing: Until position(s) are filled
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the LTC online application system, click HERE to login or to create a new account login to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.