Salary Expectation: Support Staff – $18.75 per hour (minimum)
Reports To: Director of Student Resources
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule: 38.75 hours per week x 52 weeks
Monday – Friday; 7.75 hours per day
Flexible hours based upon needs of the college
Provide in-person and virtualized support and training to students for academic and technology support in software, IT, and other courses. Conduct, track student referral, and targeted online student follow up. Create and maintain partnerships with faculty and others to maximize access and utilization of services. Services provided increase student learning engagement and accelerate learning. May travel to other locations to deliver services.
• Provide individual or small group support in following areas:
o Academic technologies such as Blackboard Learning Management System (LMS), Outlook, Navigate.
o Basic computer skills, file management, and Microsoft Office Products, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
o Academic support in IT and other courses as needed.
o Academic support for writing papers, resumes, and cover letters.
• Administer and communicate student completion of the Blackboard LMS Orientation and/or Student Success Tutorial.
• Monitor student engagement and conduct student follow up for student referral and targeted online courses in a timely manner:
o Receive referrals from faculty, Instructional Assistants, Advisors, students, and Tutor.com
o Connect with students via telephone, e-mail, text, in-person or other means to engage or re-engage them with the LMS technology and/or appropriate resources/services.
o Update faculty as appropriate.
• Schedule, plan and implement student-training sessions of academic technologies in one-on-one or groups.
• Support all LTC locations with in person and/or virtual training.
• Stay on the leading edge of academic support practices and technologies to maintain expertise in required functions, including course content, web conferencing, software plugins, and other technologies.
• Record services provided to students in grants, Academic Support, Blackboard Orientation, and the Student Success Tutorial.
• From data, create reports for grants, student success outcomes, decision making, process improvement, Blackboard Orientation, Student Success Tutorial, and Tutor.com.
• Assist as back up to the Peer Tutor Program helping students complete online request form, HR forms, mentoring tutors and process improvement projects.
• Provide program support through authorized use of PeopleSoft, and follow policies, procedures, and mechanisms to ensure integrity and security of academic records.
• Utilize a variety of methods to promote and increase awareness and utilization of services, including but not limited to brochures, student and staff newsletters, classroom presentations, videos, social media, etc.
• Monitor, maintain, and oversee related equipment and resources affiliated with Academic Support.
• Facilitate communication between students and LTC’s Student Resources team, faculty and other involved staff to best meet student needs.
• Participate as a member of the student support team by attending meetings, training activities, professional development activities.
• Provide Five Star Service throughout all customer interactions.
• Cross-trained to serve as back-up proctor in the Student Resources department.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned.
• High School diploma or equivalent and related associate degree plus additional related college credits with two to three years’ recent related occupational experience required. Bachelor’s degree in related occupational field preferred.
• Experience with online learning management systems required.
• Previous experience in the education industry and e-learning technologies preferred. Demonstrate a strong aptitude, interest and familiarity with education related technologies.
• Customer service or contact center experience highly preferred.
• Proficient in English, grammar, and proofreading skills.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as independently; confidential, professional; proactive; able to comfortably speak and deal with all levels of the general public; and good organizational skills and flexibility.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from various stakeholders.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition(s) of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) with the results acceptable to the College.
• Valid State of Wisconsin driver’s license is required or access to reliable and flexible transportation to commute from one job site to another.
Health Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Vacation
Dental Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Vision Insurance Professional Development Flexible Spending Program
Long Term Disability Tuition Reimbursement On-Site Child Care
Life Insurance Holidays Wellness/Fitness Center
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
Recruitment Period - Application Deadline Extended
Beginning: Tuesday, September 29, 2020
Closing: Until position is filled
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’, and click on ‘Goto my profile’ located in the upper right corner of the page to access or create a new account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.