Between the hours of 7:30am – 5:30pm
Hours will vary based upon needs of the college
Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Responsible for the coordination, maintenance, processing, and verification of accurate information related to all student records. Assist in the verification and conferral of degrees and serve as a resource for the fair and consistent interpretation and implementation of all policies relative to Student Records (ex: FERPA). Increase service efficiency by improving and streamlining processes and services and utilizing available technology for distribution of information to students and staff. Position requires flexibility in hours worked. Other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
(60%) Student Records
• Coordinate, maintain, and process accurate information and materials related to student records; (i.e. student history, bio/demo information, transcripts, course completions, program and grade changes, etc.).
• Process student course audits, drops, adds, and transfers and perform necessary follow-up.
• Collaborate with division and department staff regarding changes to student schedules. Complete verifications as requested.
• Process course substitutions, advanced standing, course test-out and credit for prior learning.
• Review incoming transcripts and apply guidelines for transfer credit.
• Post transfer credits to student’s record via PeopleSoft.
• Maintain credit transfer database to include college, military, high school/dual credit and credit via articulated agreement.
• Assist in the development of a web-based credit transfer utility for staff and students.
• Scan, quality assure, and link documents in ImageNow.
• Serve as a resource for the fair and consistent interpretation and implementation of policies relative to Student Records (ex: FERPA).
• Process transcript requests, information requests, reports, and surveys for outside agencies as allowed by campus policy.
• Generate and run processes that support online functionality.
• Monitor, identify, and resolve problems.
• Implement policies, procedures, and mechanisms which enforce the integrity, security, confidentiality, accuracy, and organization of student files/records.
• Maintain an understanding of organizational core processes that relate to department activities and college initiatives.
(20%) Degree Processing
• Communicate and follow up with potential graduates regarding graduation requirements and audit.
• Coordinate, maintain, and verify completion of program requirements of candidates for graduation.
• Collaborate and work closely and directly with counselors/advisors and division staff to resolve any problems/concerns.
• Verify program completion, calculate grade point averages and determine honors for graduating students.
• Code confirmed graduates, enter program GPAs and honors if applicable.
• Proofread, edit, and mail diplomas.
• Respond to inquiries regarding graduation and the graduation process.
• Confer with Enrollment Services manager in regard to coordination of ceremony and follow-through of graduation details and planning.
• Participate and be an active member of the graduation planning team.
• Assist on day of graduation ceremony.
(10%) Shared Programs
• Work with other Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS) and WILM schools in carrying out the shared program agreements.
• Request and retrieve grade reports/transcripts required through the shared program agreements from WTCS schools.
• Maintain student files and confirm that appropriate forms are signed and on file for release of information between shared schools/programs.
• Inform/direct shared program students of the process required to retrieve transcripts from the shared school and any other educational source.
• Confirm the eligibility of candidates for graduation with shared program schools and process necessary paperwork.
(10%) Customer Service
• Investigate and resolve problems of customers.
• Collaborate with coworkers to research problems and find solutions.
• Make corrections in the best interest of the student and the college.
• Communicate with technical support staff to explain software errors or to recommend changes.
• Increase service efficiency by improving and streamlining processes and services, utilizing available technology for distribution of information to students.
• Provide an exceptional customer service experience to both internal and external customers throughout every interaction. Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent and related associate degree or equivalent with two to three years’ recent related occupational experience required.
Note: If educational/certification requirements are not met, candidates may be considered, however the expectation would be that they be met within 5 years of employment.
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Working knowledge and use of various printers.
• Written and oral communications, positive customer service and human relations; self-initiating and assertive; ability to multi-task; organization, prioritization, follow through, and problem-solving skills are essential.
• Ability to work independently, shift priorities quickly and work with flexibility.
• Ability to interpret strategies and implement procedures to achieve goals.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Present and conduct self in a professional, ethical, and respectful manner.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and people of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra as well as fractions and percentages. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Beginner Level Skills: Be familiar with basic hardware; create a simple text document in Word; use and maintain voice mail; use file manager; use network file manager; use and maintain a personal calendar; navigate through Windows; access college network system; understand database concepts; send and receive attachments; access a bulletin board; navigate through the Internet; schedule meetings; use e-mail to communicate.
Intermediate Level Skills: Subscribe and unsubscribe to external listservs; create reports on Word; manage word files, create simple charts and graphs. Access and use project management systems.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word and Excel are required. PeopleSoft software experience is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to up to 1/4 of the time climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above duties describe the chief functions of the job and are not to be considered a detailed description of every duty of the job.
Condition of Employment:
Date Updated: 05/16/2022
Lakeshore Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic testing, lack of English skills, arrest or conviction record, political affiliation, veteran status, parental status, marital status, pregnancy or other protected categories, in its services, employment, programs, and/or educational programs and activities, including but not limited to admissions, access and participation. The college attempts to be in compliance with all federal laws including but not limited to Title IX & section 504. Inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies are handled by the executive director of human resources/affirmative action officer, 1290 North Avenue, Cleveland WI 53015, phone 920.693.1139 or 888.468.6582, ext. 1139.
Lakeshore Technical College provides reasonable accommodations to assist persons with disabilities to access or participate in its programs or activities. Persons requiring accommodation to access the college’s programs, services, and/or employment should call LTC at 920.693.1000 or 888. Go To LTC (888.468.6582), or TTY 711.
Type of Position: Full Time Position