Job Title: Technology Support - Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund
Part-Time | Limited Term Employment | Grant Funded Through May 12, 2023
Salary Expectation: Non-Exempt –$17.90 per hour (minimum)
Reports To: Technology Services Manager
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule: 20 hours per week x 52 weeks (1,040 annual hours)
Monday – Friday; 8 am – 12 pm
Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon needs of the college
Under the direction of the Technology Services Manager, the position provides 5-Star quality technology support to college staff, students, and instructors. Serve as the first point of contact to customers at the Help Desk, install hardware and software, and work with Tier 2 staff on resolving technology issues. Solutions and interactions will have a high degree of customer satisfaction, timeliness, and consistency, in accordance with college policies and procedures. Provide an exceptional customer service experience to both internal and external customers throughout every interaction.
• Provide Tier 1 technology support through the Help Desk via telephone, email, videoconference, or in-person for staff and students, seeking technical assistance with software, printer, audio-visual, and computer related issues.
• Perform basic hardware and software installations and administration on servers, desktops, laptops, tablets, and mobile devices.
• Respond to Help Desk requests in a timely, efficient, and professional manner.
• Determine and implement the best solution by communicating with end users to identify the root cause of the issues.
• Document specific steps taken to resolve issues in the Help Desk ticketing system.
• Provide user guidance and technical support for communication, audio-visual, and video conferencing systems.
• Provide basic guidance on using various enterprise and instructional software including Microsoft Office and Blackboard.
• Collaborate with Student Resources to offer computer and technology skills enhancement workshops and presentations.
• Assist with support for special events and outside groups.
• Collaborate with Help Desk Support Lead, Tier 2 technicians, and student workers.
• Promptly escalate unresolved issues to the appropriate expert or to the Technology Services Manager.
• Serve as back up for Library device and equipment checkout. Other duties as assigned.
• Associate degree in Information Systems or an IT related discipline is preferred. Two years of practical occupational experience is preferred.
• Working knowledge of common business and educational technologies as well as a developed sense of customer awareness and an empathy for the needs of the end users.
• Ability to clearly communicate verbally with end users, both directly and via phone.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and people of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition(s) of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) and a Motor Vehicle Record Check with the results acceptable to the College.
• Valid State of Wisconsin driver’s license is required. or access to reliable and flexible transportation to commute from one job site to another.
Beginning: Tuesday, August 31, 2021
Closing: Until position is filled
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’, and click on ‘Goto my profile’ located in the upper right corner of the page to access or create a new account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.