Flexibility required to include day/evening/weekend hours, based upon the needs of the college
Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Assist students, community members, and internal customers with inquiries, scheduling and administration of tests for admissions, credit for prior learning, certifications, and LTC classes. Responsible for explanation and monitor of proper testing procedures, interpretation and delivery of test results, troubleshooting and issue resolution, and proper record keeping.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
(90%) Testing Services
• Provide an exceptional customer service experience to both internal and external customers throughout every interaction.
• Follow the testing practices of the National College Testing Association.
• Administer, proctor and score examinations including, but not limited to: Accuplacer; HESI; Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint test-outs; keyboarding; credit for prior learning; distance learning; accommodation testing; ASE; CLEP; business and industry testing; MSSC; Human Resource testing; PSI, ETS, and other requested proctored tests. Have ability to provide testing both in-person and virtually.
• Schedule appointments, assist students over the telephone, in-person, and by e-mail.
• Cheerfully greet students, follow proper check-in procedure and answer questions.
• Explain proper test-taking procedures and protocols.
• Collect fees and maintain accurate account of testers and fees.
• Be solely responsible for testers, fee collection and security of testing materials. Work completely independently at times.
• Maintain test integrity using camera surveillance, recordings, and active proctoring. Interface with faculty, deans, and college leadership when test security is breached.
• Trouble-shoot, resolve, and/or escalate technical issues with testing platforms, computers and facilities. Submit help desk tickets and maintenance work orders. Interface with faculty and IT to resolve testing issues in Blackboard, and Respondus. Work with IT staff from all testing platforms to resolve issues.
• Interpret scores/results with student and assist them on to their next steps.
• Accurately enter scores in PeopleSoft, distribute score reports and perform admissions requirements. Maintain knowledge and utilize PeopleSoft to assist students.
• Maintain confidentiality of student test records as required by the Federal Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
• Maintain the security of all examinations housed in Testing Services.
• Administer off-campus testing sessions as needed.
• Attend training, stay current and pass necessary annual certification tests (Accuplacer, Ability to Benefit, ASE, MSSC and others when added.
(10%) Other Duties
• Perform various administrative duties for Testing Services, but not limited to: calendaring, process check requests; inventory and order supplies; copying and filing; mail handling and distribution; prepare and mail correspondence; track activity.
• Assist in the training of new hires.
• Assist off-site proctors with needed supplies and information.
• Document processes and testing procedures.
• Update documents on websites and social media.
• Collaborate with faculty and staff to provide effective solutions for requests made by faculty and staff.
• Assist with new innovations like Navigate scheduling, automated check in process, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Experience and/or Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
High school diploma or equivalent and related associate degree or equivalent and two to three years recent related occupational experience.
A valid State of Wisconsin driver’s license is required. Ability to pass annual certification tests for Accuplacer, Ability to Benefit, ASE, MSSC and others when added.
Note: If educational/certification requirements are not met, candidates may be considered, however the expectation would be that they be met within 5 years of employment.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Communicate effectively with internal customers and external clientele, prioritize workflow with accent on customer service, handle multiple tasks and be detail orientated, prioritize and process large volume of detailed work, adapt quickly to new work situations, work under pressure, and deliver quality work. Must be able to handle constant interruptions. Must work independently with little or no supervision. Must be able to make instant decisions based on facts present. Must be able to recommend and provide input into business process changes. Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and people of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds. Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts. Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry, as well as fractions and percentages. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Beginner Level Skills: Be familiar with basic hardware. Create a simple text document in Microsoft Word. Use and maintain voice mail. Use network file manager. Use and maintain a personal calendar. Navigate through Windows. Access college network system. Understand database concepts. Send and receive attachments. Navigate through the Internet. Schedule meetings. Use email to communicate.
Intermediate Level Skills: Set up and use a laptop, printer, scanner and labeler. Create reports in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, or similar presentation technology. Manage MS Word files. Create basic spreadsheets. Create simple charts and graphs. Use web/virtual conferencing platforms like Microsoft Teams and BlueJeans.
Advanced Level Skills: Ability to install software, trouble shoot and work remotely with IT personnel including testing platform technical staff. Work with equipment including webcams, microphones, headsets, surveillance cameras and recordings, microfilm machine, scantron machine, and desktop hardware. Assist students with login issues and Blackboard issues. Download and manage applications and files. Use spreadsheet graphics. Create and maintain Web page and Bridge page. Manage upload process of information to PeopleSoft.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to up to 1/3 of the time climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Condition(s) of Employment:
Type of Position: Part Time Position