Teaching assignments may include days, evenings, weekends, and online.
Class/training assignments and locations vary from term to term. Instructors may be asked to teach at various sites within the LTC District to include Cleveland, Manitowoc, and Sheboygan campuses, and business and industry locations.
Lakeshore Technical College is establishing a pool of adjunct instructor candidates for our Workforce Solutions division in the following areas: Business/Entrepreneurship, Communication, Computers/Technology, Continuous Improvement/Quality, Culinary/Hospitality, Leadership, and Public Safety & Compliance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Education and experience varies by course teaching requirements.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
Varies by course.
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Working knowledge of PC software in a windows environment.
• Experience desired in delivering instruction by alternative methods such as instructional television or online.
• Possess excellent classroom delivery skills, which encourages success and participation on the part of students.
• Must be innovative and able to collaborate with other staff in developing curriculum for classroom instruction.
• Must be well motivated and have a strong interest in contributing to the success of the college.
• Positive human relations and effective written and oral communication skills essential.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and people of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
Condition of Employment:
Date Updated: 01/19/2022
Type of Position: Part Time Position