Job Title: Director of Facilities (Full-Time)
Salary Expectation: Management Exempt – Annual Salary $65,000 - $85,000
(Note: Salary will commensurate based on education and occupational experience.)
Reports To: Vice President of Administrative Services
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule: 52 weeks – Year round management employment agreement
Monday – Friday | Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon needs of the college - (including On-Call and Special Events)
Provide oversight and strategic leadership for the facilities department. Manage overall operations, project management, maintenance, repair, construction, and renovation of the college. Provide leadership and direction to department staff.
• Manage facilities planning, budgets, and procurements.
• Manage and ensure the college adheres to the Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS) Facilities requirements.
• Accountable for the identification, management, and completion of facilities related projects. Ensure projects are timely completed and on budget.
• Prepare specifications for projects including oversight of consultants, architects, engineers and other service providers.
• Develop leases, assist with the negations, administration, and management of leases and leased property.
• Develop the capital master plan and long-range facility plan; submit required documents for project approvals.
• Prepare and submit WTCS documentation for project approval as required by State statue and the WTCS.
• Manage village, county, and state relations relating to facilities such as reporting for facilities planning, project approvals, environmental reporting, and related issues.
• Serve as LTC’s representative for the WTCS groups.
• Manage relationships with consultants, architect firms, etc. and serve as the liaison for staff during construction projects.
• Attend college events which require facilities support.
• Administer and manage department contracts.
• Manage college safety program. Responsible for the development, implementation, and training of safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and OSHA administration and handicap accessibility program.
• Investigate and follow up on student and visitor incident reports.
• Serve as the liaison for insurance claims related to safety and property damage.
• Serve as LTC’s representative for District’s Mutual Insurance Environmental, Health, and Safety Group.
• Coordinate business continuity and disaster recovery procedures for the college.
• Facilitate safety audits and recommend preventative and corrective measures.
• Provide Five Star Customer Service throughout every interaction. Other duties as assigned.
Manager Essential Responsibilities
Supervision is provided to the Facilities Department. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these staff. Responsibilities include design position responsibilities, interview, hire, and train employees; plan, assign, and direct work; supervise, mentor, and develop staff through the Employee Management System; reward and discipline employees. Carry out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws to include: develop plan(s) and budget for department; address staff and student issues in an effective and timely manner; be an active advocate for LTC in the community; and be active in the college by serving on committees.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, construction management, facilities management, business discipline, or related field from an accredited college or university is required.
• Three to five years’ work experience in a major facilities environment required, preferably in higher education.
• Minimum of three years prior experience at a managerial/supervisory level.
• Ability to plan, manage projects, and organize and schedule priorities effectively to accomplish goals.
• Ability to communicate effectively through both oral and written means.
• Ability to make decisions, exercise good judgement, take initiative, and remain calm in a crisis.
• Proactively mitigate issues to minimalize the impact on the College.
• Exhibit excellent customer service attitude, professionalism, analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Attention to detail, strong organizational, resourcefulness and follow-through skills.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition(s) of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) and Motor Vehicle Record Check with the results acceptable to the College.
• Valid State of Wisconsin driver’s license is required.
Health Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Vacation
Dental Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Vision Insurance Professional Development Flexible Spending Program
Long Term Disability Tuition Reimbursement On-Site Child Care
Life Insurance Holidays Wellness/Fitness Center
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
Beginning: Thursday, January 9, 2020
Closing: Applications will be accepted online until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application materials should be submitted for receipt no later than Tuesday, February 4, 2020.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.