The Electrical Engineering Technician is the lead for electrical wiring and panel building of Viking Masek packaging machines.
- 1 -2 years’ experience with PLC and HMI programming.
- Control system design experience; Allen Bradley or Siemens preferred
- 3-4 years experience building panels; washdown/food grade preferred.
- Strong understanding of UL and NEC requirements.
- Hazardous location experience preferred.
- Experience with networking and communication hardware and protocols.
- Understanding of packaging machines and process.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use hand tools and basic electronic measuring devices.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite, Eplan, and ERP systems.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides services relating to the successful installation, start-up and commissioning of packaging equipment, traveling to customer locations as required.
- Performs machine testing (powering up and check-out functions) and troubleshooting to certify packaging equipment for customer acceptance.
- Provides electrical support for projects.
- Learns and masters electric component control programs to provide for the proper function of PLC, HMI, and motion.
- Assists with the coordination of electrical assembly operations during equipment construction.
- Provides creative design solutions.
- Communicates with other departments/functions to resolve conflicts, deal with issues, and incorporate suggestions/decisions into electrical designs.
- Maintains schematics documentation.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency.
- Creates and maintains electrical standards.
- Maintains electrical shop stock.
- Builds and wires electrical panels.
- Serves as electrical leader to other personnel during assembly.
- Attend trade shows as necessary as a technical resource.