Job Title: Success Coach/Advisor (Full-Time | Grant Funded)
Salary Expectation: Management Exempt ~ $50,842 - $65,182
(Note: Salary will commensurate based on education and occupational experience)
Reports To: Enrollment Services Manager/Registrar
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule: 52 weeks – Year round management employment agreement
Monday through Friday
Flexible hours based upon needs of the college
The Success Coach/Advisor plays a pivotal, intensive, and active role in the highly flexible competency-based education (CBE) programming focusing on student success and career development utilizing a holistic, case management centered approach. Connect closely with the instructors and support services to serve as the student’s primary guide throughout their academic program. The Success Coach/Advisor will work proactively alongside students to keep them on track, strategize ways to overcome obstacles, and work throughout their education to develop their career readiness skills to ensure a smooth and well-prepared transition into the workforce or to further education. Accountable for the full student success cycle including assessing, planning, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating actions required to meet the student’s goals and needs.
• Strategize alongside students with setting goals and identifying, planning for, and overcoming past, present, and anticipated obstacles and defining steps in education and career planning.
• Case manage all assigned students, supporting academic, social, financial, and career related success strategies.
• Collaborate with students and instructors to problem solve issues that arise related to progress towards academic goals, persistence and attendance.
• Complete all required administrative tasks associated with registration, case management, referrals, graduation, and other activities as required or requested.
• Help students make informed decisions by acting as their advocate and teaching them self-advocacy skills regarding their degree progression and course options.
• Interact regularly with students to keep track of their progress and to ensure satisfaction and goal progression.
• Develop personalized career development plans that complement existing skills and experience, course work, and opportunities.
• Using industry innovations such as an asset-based and strengths-based approach, coach students on job seeking skills.
• Provide Five Star Customer Service throughout every interaction. Other duties as assigned.
Education, Training, and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to student success required. Master’s degree in related field is preferred. Two to four years of recent related occupational experience in academic advising, career services, or employment resources required, three to five years of related experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities
• Working knowledge of college enrollment management tools and financial aid processes.
• Must have highly developed written and oral communication skills.
• Strong customer service, organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to think independently and make decisions with the scope of the role with minimal supervision.
• Ability to quickly adapt to change and succeed in a fast paced, metric driven position.
• Must be able to plan and set goals and motivate.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition(s) of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
Health Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Vacation
Dental Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Vision Insurance Professional Development Flexible Spending Program
Long Term Disability Tuition Reimbursement On-Site Child Care
Life Insurance Holidays Wellness/Fitness Center
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
Beginning: Friday, October 18, 2019
Closing: Applications will be accepted online until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application materials should be submitted for receipt no later than Friday, October 25, 2019.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.