Job Title: Facilities Manager
Salary Expectation: Management Exempt – Annual Salary $58,517 - $62,268
(Note: Salary will commensurate based on education and occupational experience.)
Reports To: Director of Facilities
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule: 52 weeks – Year round management employment agreement
Monday through Friday | Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon needs of the college (Including on-call availability)
Serve as a department lead for the department to college staff, vendors, contractors, and public. Assist in the overall physical plant operations and facilities projects.
• Assist with managing college facilities planning, budgets and procurements.
• Coordinate operations and projects in the absence of the Director.
• Assist with updating of the multi-year projects and budgets.
• Coordinate overall project planning and scheduling, resource allocation, project accounting and control while ensuring compliance with WTCS, college and statutory regulations including review of construction drawings and blueprints.
• Responsible for running project meetings.
• Maintain inventories, logs, reports, documents, drawings, operations/maintenance manuals and other departmental records.
• Coordinate efforts of internal and external stakeholders and communicate effectively.
• Coordinate office moves. Coordinate acquisition, inventory, and installation of furniture.
• Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, or other regulations.
• Oversee facilities software systems.
• Assist with the development, implementation, and yearly monitoring/maintenance of the college’s safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and OSHA Administration.
• Attend college events, which require facilities support (e.g., graduation).
• Manage disposal of college assets through the appropriate method.
• Coordinate and follow up on work orders given to Facilities.
• Plan, manage and execute planned/preventative maintenance of buildings and equipment.
• Coordinate and schedule custodial, maintenance and grounds projects as directed.
• Develop and document maintenance procedures and processes and identify, prioritize and implement continuous improvement opportunities.
• Request quotes from vendors for facility-planned maintenance, repairs and projects as needed.
• Orient, train and instruct employees in proper maintenance, housekeeping duties, procedures and department software programs.
• Provide Five Star Customer Service throughout every interaction.
Manager Essential Responsibilities
Supervision is provided to the Physical Plant. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these staff. Responsibilities include design position responsibilities, interview, hire, and train employees; plan, assign, and direct work; supervise, mentor, and develop staff through the Employee Management System; reward and discipline employees. Carry out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws to include: develop plan(s) and budget for department; address staff and student issues in an effective and timely manner; be an active advocate for LTC in the community; and be active in the college by serving on committees.
• Associate degree or Journey-Level card issued by DWD-BAS and three years’ work experience beyond the apprenticeship required.
• Prior experience at a managerial/supervisory level preferred.
• WAPPA membership, APPA membership, or registered professional engineer desirable.
• Project management experience required.
• Ability to meet deadlines with little supervision required.
• Operate a variety of measuring devices and record data.
• Be familiar with scientific, construction, and engineering terms.
• Ability to work independently, yet function as a team leader and builder.
• Demonstrate written and oral communication and customer service skills.
• Ability to make decisions and remain calm in a crisis.
• Ability to manage, plan, evaluate, coordinate, prioritize, develop, implement, maintain, monitor, and achieve outcomes.
• Logical thinking skills, and analytical ability to contemplate issues, and solve problems.
• Must possess leadership skills and the ability to build a consensus or team from a group of individuals.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition(s) of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) and a Motor Vehicle Record Check with the results acceptable to the College.
• Valid State of Wisconsin driver’s license is required.
Health Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Vacation
Dental Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Vision Insurance Professional Development Flexible Spending Program
Long Term Disability Tuition Reimbursement On-Site Child Care
Life Insurance Holidays Wellness/Fitness Center
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
Beginning: Friday, June 12, 2020 (Revised/Reposted)
Closing: Applications will be accepted online until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application materials should be submitted for receipt no later than Friday, June 19, 2020.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’, and click on ‘Goto my profile’ located in the upper right corner of the page to access or create a new account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.
Online Application URL: https://gotoltc.edu/ltc-hr/display-position.php?position=361