Parts Room Coordinator
Our Corrugated facility in Sheboygan, WI is now hiring for our Parts Room Coordinator position on our reliability/maintenance team. This role is responsible for the storeroom, maintenance inventory system management, contractor requisitions, PO system management, and supporting the team ensuring we have the supplies and parts needed to be successful in reactive and proactive situations. They will own the accuracy and adherence of the parts room and system. A successful candidate will have positive communication skills and approach, a strong desire to learn, and the ability to think outside the box!
At Georgia-Pacific, we won't just offer you a job, we'll offer you a career that will allow you to grow and innovate as an individual. If you are someone who wants to work for a company, centered around culture and principles, that will value your input and knowledge, then we have the perfect opportunity for you.
Typical shift is 7am – 4pm but can be flexible Monday- Friday. Overtime to include portions of Saturday and Sunday work on an as needed basis (typically 1-2x / month).
What You Will Do In Your Role
The Experience You Will Bring
- Role model the behaviors and actions that advance our MBM Culture and align with the Ownership Based Work System.
- Participate as part of the operations team to solve operational problems. Communicate with leadership on parts availability and plant’s purchasing needs.
- Maintain, update, and verify inventory, submit order requests for storeroom materials, and assist with work orders as directed by maintenance manager and planner.
- Work with the Procurement and Finance Departments to report inventory details, submit purchasing documents, collect packing slips, and assist with accrual details.
- Maintain storeroom organization by stocking parts. Driving a fork truck may be required at times.
- Maintain inventory accuracy in CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) and parts storage areas and support audits as required.
- Complete and assign periodic inventory cycle counts.
- Cultivate relationships with suppliers to assist with ordering and expediting parts as directed by maintenance department supervision. Availability after hours and on weekends will be periodically required.
- Responsible for all ordering, receiving, checking-in, and signing off all receiving documents, and entering electronic records in a timely manner. Coordinate with vendors to manage VMI.
- Develop, implement, and manage storeroom clerk systems and procedures including electronic and paper files. Manage inventory of various types and ensure FIFO order for inventory.
- Perform tasks for up to 12 hours (typically 8 hours). This includes walking, climbing, lifting to 35lbs, stooping, twisting, bending, kneeling, reaching above shoulders, shoveling, and general cleaning of plant equipment and property.
- Maintain strict adherence to safety standards and regulations.
What Will Put You Ahead
- One (1) or more years of work experience in an industrial, manufacturing, or military environment
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
- Experience in corrugated packaging industry
- Previous CMMS experience
- Experience with parts research
- Ability to read quotes, vendor proposals, understand the functionality parts, identify parts and parts lists