Job Title: Journey-Level Electrician
Salary Expectation: Support Staff – $26.03 per hour
Reports To: Director of Facilities
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule: 40 hours per week x 52 weeks | Monday – Friday
Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon needs of the college
Provide a wide scope of installation and maintenance of the campus electrical systems. The campus systems include a range of equipment from medium distribution systems down to phone and data throughout the College. This position is a journey-level electrician for daytime operations that requires performing skilled work at the journey-level.
• Install, test, alter, troubleshoot, maintain, and repair electrical systems.
• Identify and order repair parts, supplies and equipment as needed.
• Maintain and repair electrical elevators, power panels, motors, appliances, and other electrical equipment.
• Complete work orders and preventative maintenance work orders on equipment and systems and maintain necessary records.
• Assist in development and maintain as-built blueprints and schematics.
• Evaluate electrical systems through filed inspection and/or interpretation of drawings and specifications.
• Test and record fire alarm, PA system, and security systems monthly.
• Install, maintain, and monitor telecommunication and data lines from utility to customer.
• Install, maintain, and monitor control systems including HVAC, fire alarm, security, lighting, CCTV, CATV, PA system, and master clocks.
• Perform periodic inspections of buildings and grounds to diagnose potential problems and to take necessary action for the prevention of damage or interruption of service. Test run and inspect emergency generator monthly.
• Assist in daily monitoring of energy management system.
• Assist in minor plumbing repairs.
• Assist in other trade-related work and in new construction and building remodeling.
• Provide recommendations to the Facilities Manager for major repairs, renovations, and new constructions.
• Conduct facility audit inspections related to area of responsibility.
• Assist in maintaining the proper inventory levels of maintenance and repair supplies.
• Implement and maintain assigned safety policies.
• Assist in developing preventative maintenance schedules in related trade.
• Provide Five Star Customer Service throughout every interaction.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalency and a Wisconsin Journey-Level Electrician’s card issued by DWD-BAS plus three years’ work experience beyond the apprenticeship required.
• General knowledge of HVAC, electrical, construction, piping, hydraulics, and pneumatics required.
• Experience as a Construction or Manufacturing Plant Maintenance Mechanic highly desirable.
• Working knowledge of state and national electrical codes and the tools, methods, and standard practices of building trades essential.
• Use of considerable initiative and judgment in determining the nature of repairs needed.
• Organizing, planning, and time management skills; verbal communication skills; problem solving skills.
• Ability to plan, set goals, and follow through to completion.
• Ability to work without direct supervision.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition(s) of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) and a Motor Vehicle Record Check with the results acceptable to the College.
• Valid State of Wisconsin driver’s license is required.
• Journey-Level Electrician card issued by DWD-BAS is required.
Health Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Vacation
Dental Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Vision Insurance Professional Development Flexible Spending Program
Long Term Disability Tuition Reimbursement On-Site Child Care
Life Insurance Holidays Wellness/Fitness Center
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
Beginning: Friday, September 18, 2020
Closing: Applications will be accepted online until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application materials should be submitted for receipt no later than Monday, November 2, 2020.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’, and click on ‘Goto my profile’ located in the upper right corner of the page to access or create a new account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.