Job Title: Maintenance Assistant (Part-Time | 1,170 Annual Hours)
Employment Classification: Support Staff ~ $14.85 per hour
Reports To: Facilities Manager
Location: Lakeshore Technical College • Cleveland Campus
Employment & Work Schedule: 22.5 hours per week x 52 weeks; Monday-Friday
Hours may vary due to snow removal
Flexible hours based upon needs of the College
Provide assistance to Facilities staff through all aspects of buildings and grounds, equipment, and vehicle maintenance. Other duties as assigned.
• Assist with grounds maintenance, including seeding and sodding, mowing, and watering of turf; operate various equipment such as tractor, lawn mowers, and landscape equipment; prepare and update maintenance schedules; coordinate and participate in soil preparation, planting of lawns, trees, shrubs and other greenery; determine and implement watering schedules; plant perennials, annuals and ornamental flowers.
• Operate lawn mowing equipment; perform routine repair and lubrication, mow and trim grass, bushes and shrubs; direct and perform pruning activities on trees, shrubs and plants; remove dead, diseased, or injured trees.
• Operate a variety of types of small and light equipment such as mowers, sod cutters, chain saws, pruning equipment, backhoe, loaders, trenchers, and various hand tools; performs routine and regular maintenance on equipment to assure efficiency and safety.
• Assist with switching out power equipment attachments for seasonal changes.
• Perform routine road, parking lot and road sign maintenance and repair; clean and maintain paved areas, paths, walkways and stairways and perform light facility maintenance as needed.
• Perform seasonal duties such as marking parking areas for snow removal.
• Assist with remodeling projects by moving and rearranging office furniture.
• Assist with the installation of component parts, classroom and office equipment and facility components required for the purpose of maintaining facilities.
• Assist with the maintenance and repairs to facilities equipment.
• Assist other maintenance personnel for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of work activities.
• Maintain maintenance records.
• General tasks including facility maintenance, preventative maintenance, sweeping, painting, washing and moving large equipment for event set up.
• Establish and maintain working relationships with various LTC departments.
• Report maintenance problems and/or broken and unsafe equipment to the appropriate party.
• High school diploma or equivalent and related associate degree or two year technical diploma or equivalent with one and one-half to two years recent related work experience required.
• Ability to climb ladders; pay close attention to detail; work outside during periods of inclement weather; lift up to 100 pounds; operate lawn and garden tractors, push mowers, string trimmers, and motor vehicles.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions as well as services delivered.
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is desirable.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Conditions of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
• A valid State of Wisconsin Driver’s License is required. A motor vehicle record review will be conducted upon hire.
• Forklift operator certification is required.
Beginning: Tuesday, March 26, 2019
Closing: Until position is filled
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources
Online Application URL: https://gotoltc.edu/ltc-hr/display-position.php?position=260