Job Title: Financial Aid Specialist (Full-Time)
Salary Expectation: Support Staff – $18.75 per hour
Reports To: Financial Aid Manager
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule: Support Staff:
38.75 hours per week x 52 weeks
Monday – Thursday 9:45am – 6:00pm | Friday 7:30am – 3:45pm
Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon needs of the college
Responsible for performing specialized work in Financial Aid with an emphasis on accurate awards. Serve as backup for veterans benefits.
• Possess and disseminate basic financial literacy skills to students.
• Reconcile direct loan and other financial aid accounts with government agencies; resolve problems such as overpayments, and incorrect disbursements.
• Assist in carrying out federal regulations concerning campus-based, federal, state, and institutional aid programs (which includes providing information and informing customers about the amount of aid available), and work with Title IV auditors.
• Use advanced MS Excel skills to manipulate data and produce reports to streamline otherwise manual processes used to ensure federal and state compliancy.
• Develop, test, and implement reports and procedures for interdepartmental processes as necessary to maintain federal and state compliancy.
• Process federal and state files as necessary for disbursing to student accounts and requesting funds from third parties to receive institutional reimbursement.
• Inform/educate students regarding varying types of veteran’s benefits, both federal and state.
• Collaborate with state and local veteran’s benefits-related agencies for the veteran student’s best interest.
• Assist in providing necessary services to maintain LTC’s “Military-Friendly School” status.
• Serve as the secondary certifying official.
• Responsible for multiple processes and procedures for determining initial and recalculated financial aid and third party funds.
• Participate in internal and external college events.
• Provide Five Star Customer Service throughout every interaction.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent and an Associate’s Degree in Accounting or a related business discipline required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
• Work experience directly related in financial aid preferred.
• Experience with PeopleSoft (the College’s database system) preferred.
• Considerable knowledge of financial aid regulations, procedures, methods and terminology including grant programs, work study and veterans.
• Possess the ability to interpret complex regulations and exercise independent initiative and judgment; and organize and prioritize responsibilities.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with constant changes.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
• Create MS Excel spreadsheets and manipulate data using Microsoft features, i.e, conditional formatting, security, Vlookup tables, pivot tables, and macros. Create reports and formal documentation using MS Word.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition(s) of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
Health Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Vacation
Dental Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Vision Insurance Professional Development Flexible Spending Program
Long Term Disability Tuition Reimbursement On-Site Child Care
Life Insurance Holidays Wellness/Fitness Center
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
Beginning: Thursday, July 23, 2020
Closing: Applications will be accepted online until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application materials should be submitted for receipt no later than Friday, August 7, 2020.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’, and click on ‘Goto my profile’ located in the upper right corner of the page to access or create a new account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.