Job Title: Financial Aid Specialist (Part-Time – 1,404 Annual Hours)
Salary Expectation: Support Non-Exempt ~ $16.66 per hour
Reports To: Financial Aid Manager
Location: Lakeshore Technical College • Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule: 27 hours per week x 52 weeks | Monday – Friday
Work schedule to be determined
Flexible day/evening hours based upon needs of the college
Advise enrolled and prospective customers concerning available financial aid. Maintain state grant programs. Provide technical back up to the Financial Aid Manager. Provide 5 Star Service throughout all customer interactions. Other duties as assigned.
• Enter scholarships that come from private donors onto the scholarship update flyer. Disseminate scholarship information to appropriate divisions and websites. Collaborate with donors regarding operations as requested.
• Utilize appropriate software to set up, test, and produce communications. Assign and generate exit counseling communications to students who received student loan(s) and who are graduating, withdrawing, or do not return.
• Advise enrolled and prospective customers concerning the financial aid process. Direct students to on-line forms, applications and scholarship information. Access database systems to answer financial aid questions. Provide frontline financial aid customer service to internal and external customers. Assist students with completing various types of forms, applications, and documentations needed for the completion of the financial aid file. Advise and communicate to students the standards of academic progress requirements. Explain technical or complicated information concerning individual financial aid eligibility awards/in an informed and sensitive manner.
• Perform satisfactory academic progress appeals, including projected grade point averages and percentages of completion, and communicate results. Update financial aid file requirements as needed. Utilize appropriate software to design, test, and implement student financial aid online forms.
• Maintain accuracy and up-to-date information in the electronic student file using appropriate software and hardware. Scan, link, and import all applicable financial aid forms using multiple media such as paper, email, and NextGen software.
• Understand and apply all state and federal regulations pertaining to the application for and distribution of student financial aid. Assist financial aid manager as needed. Develop and implement procedures as needed. Participate in trainings and conferences as necessary to maintain current knowledge of latest regulations and guidance.
• Nominate, award, and track HEAB loans and grants for the Nursing, TIP, and Minority Retention Grant programs. Explain and communicate related district policies and procedures to federal and state agencies and/or other external sources.
• High school diploma or equivalent and related associate degree or equivalent with two to three years recent related occupational experience required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Internet-based software applications.
• Working knowledge of educational software applications related to student data, record-keeping and reporting. Experience with PeopleSoft preferred.
• Knowledge of LTC District and WTCS programs beneficial. Experience in higher education preferred.
• Ability to work with and maintain confidential information is a must.
• Ability to coordinate multiple tasks under pressures of deadlines.
• Other required skills include exemplary customer service, attention to detail, telephone techniques, human relations, oral and written communication skills, problem solving skills, typing, data entry, proofreading, and standard math computations.
• Function with initiative, flexibility, and creativity in a fast-paced environment; apply appropriate protocols; and work with high-volume demands.
• Ability to deal with customer concerns and frequent interruptions.
• Must not be in default or delinquent on student loans.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is desirable.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
Life Insurance Tuition Reimbursement Professional Development
Holidays (Prorated) Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) Wellness/Fitness Center
Vacation (Prorated) Employee Assistance Program (EAP) On-Site Child Care
Paid Leave of Absence (Prorated) Flexible Spending Program
Beginning: Thursday, May 23, 2019
Closing: Applications will be accepted online until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application materials should be submitted for receipt no later than Friday, June 7, 2019.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.