Salary: Support Staff – $21.31 per hour
Reports To: Grants Coordinator
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule: 38.75 hours per week x 52 weeks
Monday – Friday
Flexible hours based upon needs of the college
Provide support to ensure compliance with funding source guidelines in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the programs and services incorporating outside funding. Develop special reports using data. Other duties as assigned.
• Support all aspects of the grant development to securing funding for educational activities. Assist in developing external grant proposals with a focus on state and federal funding. Complete grant proposals, which includes working with a team of subject matter experts (administrators, faculty, staff, partners) to gather data; write, create evaluation plan, assist with budget development, and edit grant applications.
• Serve as a member of a Grant Council Team to develop, implement, and evaluate annual and long-range grant funding plans; to identify college projects for which funding is desired and develop strategies to obtain funding and corresponding timelines. Provide support to research and identify potential grants sources including contacting state, federal, and local agencies, companies and foundations, as well as, conduct searches on the Internet, State Newsletters, and through other sources.
• Assist with internal collection of monitoring, tracking and reporting of grants.
• Provide support to project directors and administrators in the management of externally funded projects.
• Provide support to Grants Coordinator to ensure LTC complies with federal reporting guidelines as determined by the funding agency. Implement fiscal procedures consistent with regulations and grant programs. Work with directors and Financial Services to ensure grant activities and funds are tracked and completed.
• Represent the college on consortium grant conferences, meetings and project teams, as applicable.
• Track current and potential funding by maintaining a spreadsheet/database of current grant awards and upcoming opportunities.
• Assist with data collection for grant development and proposals.
• Provide support to grant managers in developing processes for gathering and reporting grant outcomes and activities.
• Provide support to create standard and special reports, studies, summaries, and analyses, as required.
• Develop reports in order to fulfill data requests.
• Gather and analyze quantitative and qualitative data to assist managers in making decisions and supporting grant activity.
• Provide Five Star Customer Service throughout every interaction.
• Associate degree or equivalent in a field related to business, accounting, marketing, or related field.
• Two to three years of successful experience in the development and submission of state and/or federal funded grants, as well as, privately funded grants.
• Familiarity with state, federal, and private funding sources and general budgeting and grant accounting procedures.
• Proficient in use of all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Reporting software experience – Cognos preferred.
• Must possess strong and effective leadership skills and demonstrated effective work performance.
• Ability to work effectively under time constraints.
• Ability to apply good organizational problem solving skills; knowledge of strategic planning, program development and evaluation, superior oral and written communications, creativity, attention to detail, excellent interpersonal/diplomatic skills and the ability to articulate the value of higher education.
• Ability to understand funding source guidelines.
• Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with a variety of agencies and people; ability to effectively collaborate with groups to reach creative and practical solutions; ability to assimilate information from a vast assortment of sources and adapt it to the needs of the College and various funding sources.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
Health Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Vacation
Dental Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Vision Insurance Professional Development Flexible Spending Program
Long Term Disability Tuition Reimbursement On-Site Child Care
Life Insurance Holidays Wellness/Fitness Center
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
Beginning: Friday, February 14, 2020
Closing: Applications will be accepted online until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application materials should be submitted for receipt no later than Thursday, March 5, 2020.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.